Expanda 12.37.2 mods

Ashie

Oct 28, 2013
Emerald Victoria
Ok well first off I'd like to say hi to everyone and to commend everyone on a great forum that has a wealth of knowledge and tips. I bought our 12.37.2 back in September replacing our Flamingo and since then have made a few mods and changes and thought I would share them with you. I'm sorry about the quality of the photos as they were just taken with my iphone.

First off here is our baby.

IMG_0314.JPG (2) (Medium).JPG

One of the first things I did was remove the table and what a difference it made.

image3.jpeg

Next was fitting a small L.E.D. T.V. to the side of the wardrobe as we only watch it at bed time.

image1.jpeg

Next was to change out all the Lighting which I bought from e-bay. Well when I say all I still have to tackle the out side light yet but will get around to it soon.

image2.jpeg

Got real tired of grabbing the curtain when inside to shut the door so this is what I fitted to fix it.

image5.jpeg

this weekend I fitted out the wardrobe and am very happy with the storage in there now. Still have to pick up the last basket for the top runner as they didn't have it in stock. I got it all from Howards Storage, it cost a packet but its the best option I could find so I just sucked it up and handed over the cash.

image.jpeg

And this morning after forgetting to tighten up one of the awning knobs and loosing it on our last trip, I replaced them with these little suckers and made up some new threaded inserts so hopefully now if I forget again they should stay put.

image4.jpeg

and that's about it at this stage, am going to go down the custom mattress mod in the near future as the bed just doesn't cut it, we even fitted a memory foam topper from Clark Rubber which much improved our comfort but still needs to be changed.

Thanks for having a look and would love to hear any other suggestions particularly from other 12.37.2 owners!
Cheers Paul

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome to the site Ashie and good to see your mods, nice job mate! Where are you from and what's the tug?

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
Ok well first off I'd like to say hi to everyone and to commend everyone on a great forum that has a wealth of knowledge and tips. I bought our 12.37.2 back in September replacing our Flamingo and since then have made a few mods and changes and thought I would share them with you. I'm sorry about the quality of the photos as they were just taken with my iphone.

View attachment 19441

this weekend I fitted out the wardrobe and am very happy with the storage in there now. Still have to pick up the last basket for the top runner as they didn't have it in stock. I got it all from Howards Storage, it cost a packet but its the best option I could find so I just sucked it up and handed over the cash.

Thanks for having a look and would love to hear any other suggestions particularly from other 12.37.2 owners!
Cheers Paul

Hi Paul.
I'm also a "12" owner & was thinking of doing the same to my wardrobe. By chance yesterday I was looking on line at Howard Storage site & got well & truly lost & gave up. I was wondering weather you might still have your receipt with part numbers listed which might help me. Also have you ever measured your tow ball weight? Mine is 230 kg. & I don't overload, just one 20Ltr jerry on drawbar. seems a bit heavy & not much chance of loading heavy things to the rear inside of the van behind axle. Do you use & think you need a weight distribution hitch ?
Many thanks & hope you enjoy your mods.
John

Ashie

Oct 28, 2013
Emerald Victoria
Hi Paul.
I'm also a "12" owner & was thinking of doing the same to my wardrobe. By chance yesterday I was looking on line at Howard Storage site & got well & truly lost & gave up. I was wondering weather you might still have your receipt with part numbers listed which might help me. Also have you ever measured your tow ball weight? Mine is 230 kg. & I don't overload, just one 20Ltr jerry on drawbar. seems a bit heavy & not much chance of loading heavy things to the rear inside of the van behind axle. Do you use & think you need a weight distribution hitch ?
Many thanks & hope you enjoy your mods.
John
G'day @Ashie great intro mate and good to see you join in the fun.

What trips have you done?

Hey C.D. well the last trip we did was from Melbourne to Brisbane for Christmas dinner with my mother, and before that we went to Phillip Island for a few days and the one before that was to the Tara Valley out near Yarram for a couple of nights, which was our maiden trip with the new van. But we plan on doing a lot more!

Ashie

Oct 28, 2013
Emerald Victoria
JVP the 3 runner basket was pt.E135310 was $33, the 2runner basket was pt.E135210 they were $22 each and the 10 draw frame was pt.E201013 and bar set E203014 and they were $99 bucks as a set, like I said not cheap but a great fit and they look like good quality and come with a 10 year guarantee. I made a bottom base out of mdf for the feet of the frame to locate in and was a tight fit in the base of the cupboard, so as not to make any holes or mark the floor of the cupboard so it will all come out to put in the next van (you have to think ahead!)
anyway hope this helps.
cheers Paul

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
JVP the 3 runner basket was pt.E135310 was $33, the 2runner basket was pt.E135210 they were $22 each and the 10 draw frame was pt.E201013 and bar set E203014 and they were $99 bucks as a set, like I said not cheap but a great fit and they look like good quality and come with a 10 year guarantee. I made a bottom base out of mdf for the feet of the frame to locate in and was a tight fit in the base of the cupboard, so as not to make any holes or mark the floor of the cupboard so it will all come out to put in the next van (you have to think ahead!)
anyway hope this helps.
cheers Paul

Thanks Paul, that was a great help mate.
Enjoy your van as I have.
jvp