Expand 14 Mods

Expanda14

Nov 14, 2012
Melbourne
Sorry did not answer your Q on the camera wires
i mounted the camera at that height so I could hide the wire's under the top bed our model has fixed bunks at the rear
And I did my brothers reverse camera on his expanda and I used a type of communication duct or a square type of conduit
i will post some photo,s
E14

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
I will be watching in relation to the responses for the wider mirrors too. We currently don't use any and we are in Queensland.

Expanda 14,

I love the tool box idea. Where abouts under the van are you mounting it and how will you be mounting it?

Thanks

Expanda14

Nov 14, 2012
Melbourne
I will be watching in relation to the responses for the wider mirrors too. We currently don't use any and we are in Queensland.

Expanda 14,

I love the tool box idea. Where abouts under the van are you mounting it and how will you be mounting it?

Thanks

Will mount it behind the axel
and have made up some s/steel straps to hold it under the vans floor rails

Expanda14

Nov 14, 2012
Melbourne
Hey that box for under the van looks excellent.
Got any pics of it installed yet?

Hi Brad
have not mounted it yet but will post pics when done
Been busy Drawing up a tool box for the drawbar with big pull out draws for our webber q
and more storage .
Will have it in a few weeks
E14

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
The E14 mods are coming thick and fast, and all very good ideas too!
Now I have to keep up with you!

Expanda14

Nov 14, 2012
Melbourne
Just a update on the box for under the van .
pulled it apart to glue some rubber on the bottom to protect the table
and made up the straps to hold it under the van
hope to fit it in the next week .....
cheers E14
image.jpg

Reactions: Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Looking good E14, are you taking orders? I want one! :)
How did the open house go? Fingers crossed "Sold"

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
I always use wider mirrors. I like to know what's coming up behind me and overtaking me, before its next to me. Plus lot easier to reverse the van.

That under box looks very neat. Well done

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Just wondering why would people not be using mirrors? How can you see whats behind you? How can you reverse onto your site? All expandas are significantly wider than the tow tugs.

Reactions: Where2nxt

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Hey soaring ... we used mirrors in the past but we now enjoy the challenge of me (wife) directing him (husband) into the site ... makes for some great camp rage!!!!
I'm not sure if its just because I'm sadistic, but one o my favourite caravan park leisure activities is to sit back with a cold beer and discreetly observe the "domestic bliss" that occurs when people are backing in to their site, and setting up. You witness some really doozies!>:(
in fact if I'm really honest, ONE of the motivations factors for me upgrading from a soft floor camper to a caravan is to avoid the dreading set up bickering! Yet to be tested, but fingers crossed!

Reactions: Lara and jacbaz

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I'm not sure if its just because I'm sadistic, but one o my favourite caravan park leisure activities is to sit back with a cold beer and discreetly observe the "domestic bliss" that occurs when people are backing in to their site, and setting up. You witness some really doozies!>:(
in fact if I'm really honest, ONE of the motivations factors for me upgrading from a soft floor camper to a caravan is to avoid the dreading set up bickering! Yet to be tested, but fingers crossed!
So you're the bloke! Next time you're watching us, come over and say hello:)
Seriously our handheld UHF's keep conversation polite and the rearview video system is coming.

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
XF ... those 'toys' make life too easy!!! We usually race to be the first set up in our group when we go away so that we can then be the ones watching!!! Like soaring, we really enjoy a 'verbal' set up (including stirring the pot with our friends). I must admit, the Expanda makes life a fair bit easier then the camper and the Hawk!!!!

Reactions: Xpandafan