Ebay Finds

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I don't quite get how that works.

The picture wasn't great. I know with the expandas i've had the water can 'track' back along the hinge and wet the canvas, only in really heavy rain. I think this may fix that problem.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
I've just ordered one of these to fit behind the gas bottles. I will post some pics once it is done. I'm getting it all done by trades / contractors so will be able to let all know the costs to help out others who are time poor or welder challenged!! Has anyone else ever installed one of these or seen one installed?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aluminiu...VAN-Toolbox-Tray-Cabin-Tool-Box-/281386965468

seen on here it's a good idea to put ply under the box to add strength , but check your height with bed llid down ?

halbster

May 13, 2014
Will be interested to see how that toolbox goes. I was thinking the same one and putting a slide out for the BBQ. And also bolting 2 x roof rack mount bike racks to the top of it, just not sure if it would be strong enough. Would be good to see what you think of it. Assume you are moving your gas bottles forward on the drawbar?

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
just fitted it to mine last week.
I took off the 9kg bottles and swapped them for 4 kg as I don't use gas much. @crustt had trouble fitting 9kg in his, but they seamed to fit ok in mine tho. (Height)
Paid $480 from EzyTrail Campers and had it couriered out for another $55. They sent a badly made one where is was so warped the end door didn't close. It was a fight to get it swapped and even then had to waste my time returning it personally (there was a reason I got a courier first time)
The bed end clears it by about 30-40mm, (with 15mm structural ply under) and no problem with turning circle

And another 2 keys added to the ever growing key ring (1 for top, 1 for ends)

20140906_134318_resize.jpg 20140906_134238_resize.jpg 20140906_134248_resize.jpg 20140906_134258_resize.jpg

Last edited:

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
seen on here it's a good idea to put ply under the box to add strength , but check your height with bed llid down ?

Thanks will do - Not sure how it will go with the bed down, thats the beauty of the side doors to get access as well. I was just going to use the box for hoses, cords, poles etc. stuff that gets used on setup. This will free up the boot for toys, and bulky items that are normally under our feet somewhere

Will be interested to see how that toolbox goes. I was thinking the same one and putting a slide out for the BBQ. And also bolting 2 x roof rack mount bike racks to the top of it, just not sure if it would be strong enough. Would be good to see what you think of it. Assume you are moving your gas bottles forward on the drawbar?

I'll let you know 2.5mm thick aluminium, but with 3 doors, i'm also curious to see how strong it is. I figure if there is any flex then i may have to get it bolstered up somehow. I have an extended drawbar, and will move the gas bottles forward just enough to accommodate the box. I'm conscious of adding too much tow ball weight so i want to keep everything back towards the van axles as much as possible. going onto a 20.63.1

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
just fitted it to mine last week.
I took off the 9kg bottles and swapped them for 4 kg as I don't use gas much. @crustt had trouble fitting 9kg in his, but they seamed to fit ok in mine tho. (Height)
Paid $480 from EzyTrail Campers and had it couriered out for another $55. They sent a badly made one where is was so warped the end door didn't close. It was a fight to get it swapped and even then had to waste my time returning it personally (there was a reason I got a courier first time)
The bed end clears it by about 30-40mm, and no problem with turning circle

View attachment 25946 View attachment 25947 View attachment 25948 View attachment 25949

Bugger! mine is coming from Sydney with $100 freight, i wish i had found a melbourne supplier! @straydingo do you have an extended drawbar?

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
as a seller, I couldn't figure out if that meant I lose 15% off my sale price, or if PayPal pays up instead - not stated in terms and conditions.....
(my ads were cancelled)

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
Dunno who pays the difference. I couldn't pay for it earlier as the seller had to confirm freight price.

they just confirmed the price of $124 freight, I just went onto paypal and added in the code and a discount of $90 was applied. Very happy with that!!

Now I just hope that it will all fit on the van as planned, i was going to move the regulator forward as well to get the box back as far as i could. There is room according to the tape measure but nothing beats the real world test. I didn't want to put the bottles in the box if i could avoid it.

bensl

Feb 3, 2014
as a seller, I couldn't figure out if that meant I lose 15% off my sale price, or if PayPal pays up instead - not stated in terms and conditions.....
(my ads were cancelled)

paypal/ebay foots the bill. similar to the 50% BBQs deal. the invoice will show the full amount.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Dunno who pays the difference. I couldn't pay for it earlier as the seller had to confirm freight price.

they just confirmed the price of $124 freight, I just went onto paypal and added in the code and a discount of $90 was applied. Very happy with that!!

Now I just hope that it will all fit on the van as planned, i was going to move the regulator forward as well to get the box back as far as i could. There is room according to the tape measure but nothing beats the real world test. I didn't want to put the bottles in the box if i could avoid it.

was that a "buy it now" or something that ended today until midnight. ? or discount of both.

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
was that a "buy it now" or something that ended today until midnight. ? or discount of both.
Q

It was buy it now. When I got put onto paypal, I entered the code, and the discount was applied. I think it will be for anything you pay for on Paypal through eBay by midnight

Reactions: Colsar

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh

Interested to see how you go with this one mate. Box is my current mod of choice/interest/investment. With the bottles inside, do you need to add a vent?

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Dunno if you 'need to', but I certainly did. LPG is heavier than air so will sit in the box. I cut out a hole and pop riveted a cheepie pressed grill from Bunnings between the two tanks. $3.50.
(I've got another which I may also add for a bit more piece of mind....)