Easter getaway

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Well we were going Thursday arvo before Good Friday and com8ng back Monday to a cattle property that has bush camping up the Putty Rd north of Sydney. We need to cross the Windsor bridge which is currently under water and will be fine once waters recede and then traverse the road from the bridge out through Wilberforce. Who knows if it will be trafficable. Then apparently there was the odd landslide along the Putty Rd to contend with. The campground hosts have been great and open with communication that there is some damage to their property and are offered credits and refunds. We are taking a refund.
Apart from regó inspections our van hasn’t moved since Easter 2 years ago. We were meant to go away last Christmas but Covid buggered that up. Meant to go away October long weekend. Guess what Covid. Jume long weekend something came up. Australia Day weekend something came up and on and on it goes. We are going to Birdsville in June so looking forward to that.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We have the pleasure of looking after a dog, cat and 2 guinea pigs while their owners bugga off to Carnarvon Gorge for the LWE, bonus is we get to mind the G/kids when they get back till school starts......I thought living over 300 KMs away I got out of this stuff but have since been told Im wrong......at least gives a bit of extra time for the ground to dry out, and roads on the way to Innaminka....

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
anyone have plans for the Easter break ?
we are going somewhere don't know where but we are going :black_eyed:
most likely north west vic
Im guessing Easter will be nuts, so im staying at home. Weather dependant, we may head down west the following week for a few days in the RTT.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Its far to say not real happy ive got off from the 1st till 16th back to work 19th for our big trip thats been poo pooed last 2 years cause of rain and wet roads yes we go to Eldee station but going to camerons corner and dig tree we havent been able to do so this year was it heaps of time off kids on school holidays ...... well thats all poo pooed again i carnt belive it they get bugger all rain outback last 2 years except at easter time this year again
We where going Eldee and still are then Tibbuburra the corner Innamincka dig tree then all the way down Strezlicky track to Flinders rangers well thats all screwed now all roads closed carnt see then drying out in time for the van so what to do with all my time off we can still go to flinders from Broken hill but bugger me its killing me my boss gives me time but we carnt do our trip ..... so next year we have to asked again soon he wil say no way and we will never get there DOH !!!!!!!
Any ideas anyone ??? After our 3 day eldee easter 4x4 comp

• Sad
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Been looking at it from Noccundra side of things and yep its been a bit damp at least the airstrip at Noccundra Pub is now open, by the time I get out there around Anzac day it should be nicely dried out, I'll send you a pic of me leaning against the Strezlecki track sign....... The dirt roads from NSW to Thargomindah, Noccundra and Innaminka have been closed for quite awhile, a week might see them open again but what state will they be in ?????

Reactions: mfexpanda

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Been looking at it from Noccundra side of things and yep its been a bit damp at least the airstrip at Noccundra Pub is now open, by the time I get out there around Anzac day it should be nicely dried out, I'll send you a pic of me leaning against the Strezlecki track sign....... The dirt roads from NSW to Thargomindah, Noccundra and Innaminka have been closed for quite awhile, a week might see them open again but what state will they be in ?????
No need for any pics near any sign thanks but i know you will anyway just to rub red sand into my wounds

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No need for any pics near any sign thanks but i know you will anyway just to rub red sand into my wounds

I will try not to post any heart wrenching pics @Bluey old mate, in fact I still have to get out there, I would keeping a weather eye on the Council road reports, the pub airstrip has dried out so you might be in luck with the roads by the time you want to travel them but with Tiboburra having over 150mm dumped on it the roads may not be in good shape until a blade gets put over them......... besides the flies may drive me back as they will be horrendous I reckon...... The pub airstrip has dried out so you might be in luck with the roads by the time you want to travel them...... I'll bring my long handle shovel to dig you out in case we meet up.......

Reactions: Bluey

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Its far to say not real happy ive got off from the 1st till 16th back to work 19th for our big trip thats been poo pooed last 2 years cause of rain and wet roads yes we go to Eldee station but going to camerons corner and dig tree we havent been able to do so this year was it heaps of time off kids on school holidays ...... well thats all poo pooed again i carnt belive it they get bugger all rain outback last 2 years except at easter time this year again
We where going Eldee and still are then Tibbuburra the corner Innamincka dig tree then all the way down Strezlicky track to Flinders rangers well thats all screwed now all roads closed carnt see then drying out in time for the van so what to do with all my time off we can still go to flinders from Broken hill but bugger me its killing me my boss gives me time but we carnt do our trip ..... so next year we have to asked again soon he wil say no way and we will never get there DOH !!!!!!!
well Bluey, now you know why they call that part of Queensland"heart break corner" but on the positive side i can see a real opportunity for a profitable career change, just look at any part of the country in drought,you plan a family holiday in that area and advertise BLUEYS GAURANTEED RAIN MAKING SERVICE,with your track record its sure to be a winner

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
if you like out of the way places have a look at the White Cliffs opal fields ,tar all the way from Broken Hill ,

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
I am heading to Warrnambool.. Originally coming down Thursday but now it will be the first thing Friday Morning. I will try and get up and go early and be there set up by lunchtime.
Can't wait to get out and go again.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Thats very good @poor but proud very funny indeed i do like it there could be money made i could tow a digger to the corner charge an arm and a leg to pull mainly cars that arnt toyotas out of bogs track around for miles doing this or till i myself runs out of fule then i will need saveing ok bad idea ...... but on the bright side @Drover the strezlecky is open only to cars but its open i have a week today till we leave eldee so time will tell yes they may be bit choped up but not cooked and baked out yet ???????? I still may get to go

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Thats very good @poor but proud very funny indeed i do like it there could be money made i could tow a digger to the corner charge an arm and a leg to pull mainly cars that arnt toyotas out of bogs track around for miles doing this or till i myself runs out of fule then i will need saveing ok bad idea ...... but on the bright side @Drover the strezlecky is open only to cars but its open i have a week today till we leave eldee so time will tell yes they may be bit choped up but not cooked and baked out yet ???????? I still may get to go
dont worry about taking the digger,they will pay good money for a succesful rain dance, just picture bluey dancing around a fire with nothing on but his hard hat and safety boots

• Haha
Reactions: Drover and Bluey