Drovers new Rig - "Big Mal"

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
new light.jpg Took 15 days to get here from Honkers and Big Mal doesn't have any halogen lights inside anymore, bought 4 MR11 LED's for $10, the reading lights and range hood lights are nice, white and economical now............................was worth the wait $10 beats $60 anyday.......

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well I added a pic of one of my new lights, which without the old one is useless but then it is a pic..........

Anyway today after much thought, a week or so I added some sockets so I can plug my WiFi aerial in like the SAT dish, instead of running the cable in thru a window.......all the guru's said I had to use FME or SMA sockets, well I had a few F types for sat TV , they shook their heads and said I would have signal loss but I used them anyway and the sig test shows no change, so my wallet is no lighter...................If I ever get a new van I will have a mobile aerial fitted and wired in so I don't have to run cables though I may improve things with a drop down aerial mount set up like a boat with the cable running into a cupboard, one day , maybe !!!!!!.......................until then this will do..

WiFicnx.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It started out as just getting a couple of fittings for a TV aerial lead and ended up with an external mounting for a TV, came across the mount at Takalvans, Bundaberg $29 and a couple of screws and the spare TV is hooked up with one of my short sat cables and plugged into 12V, now will have to work out how to feed it from the Sat STB when we head back to Standown Park.
TVfitt01.jpg
....Some serious pushing on panels to find a bit of frame to screw into, buy a lotto ticket every screw found something solid........

tvfitt2.jpg
.........It works, I'm happy....19" ALDI TV...

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
now you've done it, poor old pensioner will be crying about the extra $13 he had to pay.............................:behindsofa:
Maybe he kept the receipt and exchange it then visit the "Shed" and spend lots more than intended like most of us do!!!!! Or maybe that's why he didn't go to the "Shed" for that reason????

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
All right, all right.............. after I bought it I then thought, damn Green Shed but thankfully they had nil stock so just spent $7 on the fitting I needed and 4 snags for lunch...................and since I had just got a call from my builder saying due to rain we needed a concrete pumper for the shed slab $13 after coughing up an extra $600 was nothing...................................we then went to Dan Murphys......

Oh and @bigcol for your information we don't do Danoz Direct, it's an Aldi stud finder but it's in storage ( had to take the batteries out as it kept beeping when I was near it )

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Heard you could get anything you want at Alice's restaurant, excepting Alice that is, mind you she doesn't own the place, just eats there........but then thats not what the story is about......................................hey Arlo tell em the story or Google Alice's restaurant.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM

Reactions: bigcol