Drovers 14.44.3

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sometimes I'll want to leave the Engel in the Jeep but run it on mains power or even 12v from the van but I would have to close the door on the cable and I didn't like doing that or leave the window partially open.
Well yesterday I did something about it.
Made up a window sleeve so I can run the cable thru the window but still have the vehicle secure and hopefull dry.
Using a bit of sail rail with a slot cut in it for the cable, the channel bit sits over the glass and the tail slots into the window gap, easy as pie to make takes about 10 mins, not shown in the pic , I have a rubber seal which fits around the cable to waterproof the entry and prevent possible chaffing
. Electric windows means you need to be careful when closing the window.
I used alloy as it was handy but will probably go to plastic as I upgrade the design. Test run this week.

20150302_082545.jpg **** 20150302_082605.jpg

20150302_082700.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Didn't want to mention it but can't help myself. The Jeeperific is locked and loaded, Yak on top and Engel beered up and running sitting in the shed, the Panda is nearby loaded and powered up, ready to rock an roll for a few days, maybe a week, could be more on the NSW North Coast might even get up into the hills back of Grafton.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Didn't want to mention it but can't help myself. The Jeeperific is locked and loaded, Yak on top and Engel beered up and running sitting in the shed, the Panda is nearby loaded and powered up, ready to rock an roll for a few days, maybe a week, could be more on the NSW North Coast might even get up into the hills back of Grafton.

Didn't want to mention it, but did just the same :)

Good luck to you. I need to wait till Easter before the van gets another run.

I am spending a week in Perth, but without the panda this time.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Will only be about 2 hrs down the road @Middo , aim to be catching heaps of fish and winning lots of raffles at the Bowling Club.

You working there @Bellbirdweb or sociallizing ?????

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Now that would be great.......I really like Perth and the surrounds, well heaps of WA actually.

Other than a flying visit to Perth a couple of years back, I've not seen any of WA yet.

Will be scoping out for a future visit with the van. Hitting Margaret River, Albany and wherever else we can fit into a week.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Other than a flying visit to Perth a couple of years back, I've not seen any of WA yet.

Will be scoping out for a future visit with the van. Hitting Margaret River, Albany and wherever else we can fit into a week.
Bremer bay is great. Closer than esperance but the beaches are just as nice, water warmer, just take all food. We got the blue skies waiting.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well I'm parked up on the Nth NSW Coast, beach on one side river the other.

I'm pleased to report that the new suspension, wider rims and tyres has made a huge difference to towing, the van just cruises along behind the Jeeperific at speed (100 +), no wiggling around even on some rough stuff, I'm very happy with it especially as it didn't fall off..!!!!
I just didn't expect it to be so good, throw it around and it may give a wiggle but pulls itself back into line........I'm chuffed.

Not sure why but on the same run before Xmas I used 20lts more than this run,(455kms) speed same , maybe faster this time actually, only changes are diff oil change in Jeep and the springs and wheels/tyres on van, though I did have one water tank empty this time but 80kgs wouldn't make that much change on it's own I would have thought.
Anyway don't have a late night you have to work tomorrow and I have to get up early to catch the tide.................pics later.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Well I'm parked up on the Nth NSW Coast, beach on one side river the other.

I'm pleased to report that the new suspension, wider rims and tyres has made a huge difference to towing, the van just cruises along behind the Jeeperific at speed (100 +), no wiggling around even on some rough stuff, I'm very happy with it especially as it didn't fall off..!!!!
I just didn't expect it to be so good, throw it around and it may give a wiggle but pulls itself back into line........I'm chuffed.

Not sure why but on the same run before Xmas I used 20lts more than this run,(455kms) speed same , maybe faster this time actually, only changes are diff oil change in Jeep and the springs and wheels/tyres on van, though I did have one water tank empty this time but 80kgs wouldn't make that much change on it's own I would have thought.
Anyway don't have a late night you have to work tomorrow and I have to get up early to catch the tide.................pics later.

The 80kgs of water could make the difference.

When we were away at Chrismas a mate with a swan was averaging 10 l/100 with empty tanks but filling one 82l up took him to 12 l/100.

Of course my 23 l/100 remained unchanged :)

Reactions: Drover and Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hmmm, I don't know......... We used to get 22/23L /100km towing the swan with no tank filled, yet we got 17.7L/100km towing the expanda with both tanks filled.
......... Then again, my car is a lemon so you can't really gauge anything by my results.:blue:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Another mod passed the test, cost me $5 I think for a new sink drain, I ditched the one with the 90deg bend and fitted a straight one, sink drains in record time now...........put a 90deg elbow about 6" below sink so it didn't hit a drawer, the elbow has less restriction than the sink fitting so now don't have to redo the whole line, it works so leave the damn thing alone.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Need to do that as well. Is the elbow glued or pushed on? I haven't had the chance to check it out, but it's one thing that MUST be done.