Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Just checked ..... yes they are :peace:

3284149-2.jpg

Reactions: FiveInAVan

matty_turbo

Jul 21, 2015
Sunshine Coast
Just picked up our new Starcraft 17.58-3 Outback. Awesome van and excellent service by Brisbane Camperland. Very excited about our 12 month trip around Australia with our 3 year old. Few nice little changes to the model since we looked in May that Jayco fixed. Only downside is the window next to the door doesn't completely open as it hits the door but we will work something out. If they gave me an extra 1mm it would fit. But overall I'm very impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_2899.JPG
    IMG_2899.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_2911.JPG
    IMG_2911.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 279

matty_turbo

Jul 21, 2015
Sunshine Coast
Nah, Just storing the van at the father in law's shed while we get ready to go around Australia. He is meticulously restoring a 16 foot 1977 Viscount Supreme. He's also got a 2015 Ultimate Nautilus camper. It's almost like a Caravan park.....

Reactions: Smirke

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Cheers. Thanks everyone. Has anybody mounted jerry cans on the rear bumper. I don't have sufficient space on the A-Frame and was thinking about 2 x jerry cans in the middle of the rear bar. They will only be carrying diesel as I am aware of problems with unleaded on the back. It's just piece of mind as the Mazda BT-50 only has an 85L tank.
Im in the process of making an a frame across the drawbar with the gas bottles cuddled up in the middle and jerry can holders on the extended "arms" of the frame either side of the gas bottles. Simple and quick frame "U" bolted to the drawbar. from the look of your van in the pic, would be the perfect solution; bolting the frame through the old gas bottle bases. You may have room to mount the jerry between your gas bottles.

Im making mine to sit across the drawbar in front of the giant alum tool box .... have to double check the turning clearance before I hit the welder. Coincidently, set this up yesterday afternoon ready to start welding, before reading your post
2015-09-10 16.44.24.jpg

The Ultimate Camper is certainly an impressive unit.

After Tasmania, which direction are you heading on your trip around Oz ??

Reactions: dagree and Smirke

matty_turbo

Jul 21, 2015
Sunshine Coast
I think I may have a solution for the door problem. The Aussie Traveler door latches are 20mm longer than the Camec latches. If you remove the metal U shaped latch and swap them over you can gain an extra 20mm length and that should solve my problem. They are identical to the Camec latches except they are 20mm longer. So I've ordered one and see how I go.

We plan on going to Tassie for Xmas and then heading west. Most likely heading up the middle and then coming down the west coast and then head back east to Tassie to pick up our dog (who is having a holiday on a family members farm in north west Tassie while we travel).

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I think I may have a solution for the door problem. The Aussie Traveler door latches are 20mm longer than the Camec latches. If you remove the metal U shaped latch and swap them over you can gain an extra 20mm length and that should solve my problem. They are identical to the Camec latches except they are 20mm longer. So I've ordered one and see how I go.

We plan on going to Tassie for Xmas and then heading west. Most likely heading up the middle and then coming down the west coast and then head back east to Tassie to pick up our dog (who is having a holiday on a family members farm in north west Tassie while we travel).
Id need one about 3ft long to open the door and window together o_O

matty_turbo

Jul 21, 2015
Sunshine Coast
Bit of an update. We picked up out van and love it. Bit surprised to find out bike rack mounted up so high and blocking the reversing camera. The demo we looked at had the bike racks down low. Tried it all out on a camping trip to bjelke petersen dam and having the bikes up that high was stupid. They stick out the top over the roof. Plus really fun balancing on the top of a ladder trying to get a bike off. So we wanted them lowered. Went to Jayco and they told me to eat a dick. They are mounted their now and only that section of the back is blocked to support the bike rack. Went back to the dealer and they said that's a load of don't be rude but they can't be moved because they block the number plates and have had compliance issues with people getting tickets from obstructing the number plates. He agreed it was ridiculous and stupid and agreed to refund the cost of the bike racks and reversing camera. He also agreed to replace the rear wall and have the racks removed when we come back from our trip because he couldn't fit it in before we go. (less than 3 weeks). So we've bought a Thule bike rack that sits on the front and fits over the spare tyre and tilts if you need to get the spare tyre out.

Then Jayco head office rang me and said they are all mounted up high for 2015 models due to number plate issues. If the dealer wants to one lower it then he has to order the van without a rack and then they can do it at the dealership but more than likely the dealer won't do it. My dealer said he won't be ordering any bike racks from the factory for display vans as I'm the 5th person to complain.

But what shits me the most is Jayco said that all 2015 vans have the bike racks up so high. I ordered my van in May, finalised plans in July and even have an email to dealer to confirm the bike racks are down low and confirmation they are. Seems like the factory and dealers don't seem to talk to each other.

But other than that just a few minor warranty issues that have been fixed and slowly getting ready to go.
Cheers

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 301