17' Series Do we need to book Alice Springs & Broome?

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Hi all,

Do we need to book a caravan park for a western loop trip in Alice Springs & Broome, heading off in July 2012 from Vic.

People are telling us YES.

If so, any recommendations for Alice & Broome? (2 adults, 3 kids under 11).

Thnx in advance.

Izzy

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Izzy,
welcome aboard.

Yes you will definately need to book Broome if you are going to be up there for any length of time during our winter (their dry).
It can fill up quite quickly with the regulars going back year after year.

We stayed in 2 different parks in Broome last year, with a trip up to Middle Lagoon for a week in between. The first park we stayed at was Palm Grove caravan park. Most sites looked quite big and shady but we had very small sites as we booked this one quite late. The second park after we came back from the Dampier Peninsula was the Cable Beach caravan park. This was quite good with large sites, although no grass, but plenty of shade.

As far as Alice goes, we stopped there mid Sept and it wasn't so busy so we only booked a couple of days out from our arrival. If you're planning to head up through there June/July it might pay to book ahead too. We stayed at the MacDonnell Ranges park, its a Big4 and was pretty good too. We had 4 nights there.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Reactions: Izzya123

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Yes, if its around the school holidays for Alice Springs as the northern migration of retirees is around the same time :car:

We were there in July this year and stayed at the Big 4 which is a good park with jumping pillow, basketball ring, pool etc.
We booked on the way and still managed a site but they said it was the last one for a 6 night stay. I haven't stayed at any other parks in Alice so I cant comment on those :playball: We have stayed there 3 times now and have been happy. Maybe if you want a spot close to the playground and jumping pillow book ahead for sure.

Sorry I cant help you with Broome.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hi Izzy were leaving in early may from Adelaide up the Tanami to the Kimberlys for a 6 week oddesy and recommend booking in advance if you have a fair idea where your going will save any dissapointment ,my sister lives in Broome and has told me there are plenty of bush camping spots out of town if your early enough

cheers russell

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Izzy,
I haven't been to Broome, but the in-laws went up there (again) at the start of the dry and couldn't get a site as they hadn't booked.
We had no problems in Alice, but it was a while ago and in a tent, so offer no real comment about that one

Andrew

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I was in Broome in 2006 at the end of June. We managed a camp site but had to double up with out travelling companions on a single site (both couples in tents) and could only have two nights as all the 'regulars' were appearing on the 1st of July and were staying for up to 4 months. I would definitely book ahead.