DJI Phantom

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Great footage @Matty4 and thanks for the reminder.... Finally set my Walkera QR 350 up while away earlier this month and one of the motors is dead.... Couldn't work out why it was doing somersaults on takeoff o_O Going back next week when I get the chance to sort it out!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My P3 Adv controller refuses to turn on. Its was good one day, then nothing the next. Probably should be happy it didnt happen mid flight o_O

DJI warranty has been incredibly difficult and frustrating to deal with. The Oz distributor has stepped up, taken the reigns and been really brilliant.

The difficult decision to suck up the extra coin and not to buy the grey import seems to have paid for itself 10 fold

Stay tuned

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Yep...couldn't agree more @Crusty181
I bought mine from a dealer here in Melb too, so if I ever have any issues (touch wood) they can/will help solve it.
I've heard the same about DJI service on other forums too..

Good luck with the repair process and getting back in the air.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Got the factory email this morning. Phantom 4 released today $2399 aus

Seems to be only the single variant. Couple of pretty nice features, but i think with the price drops it will make the P3 the unit to get for the average punter

Reactions: steve67 and Tone

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My P3 Adv controller refuses to turn on. Its was good one day, then nothing the next. Probably should be happy it didnt happen mid flight o_O

DJI warranty has been incredibly difficult and frustrating to deal with. The Oz distributor has stepped up, taken the reigns and been really brilliant.

The difficult decision to suck up the extra coin and not to buy the grey import seems to have paid for itself 10 fold

Stay tuned
All solved. Swapped out my dead controller for a new one this morning with the Wholesaler. I watch the Sales Manager crack open a new P3 Pro box, take out the remote and peel off the plastic.

The shop where i bought the drone, and the Wholsaler's customer service have both been flawless and exemplary.

Leederville Camera House in Perth were the cheapest at the time for both the drone and the new camera i bought . Free freight to Melb and when it counts, they bent over backwards when it all went pear shaped with the drone.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
All solved. Swapped out my dead controller for a new one this morning with the Wholesaler. I watch the Sales Manager crack open a new P3 Pro box, take out the remote and peel off the plastic.

The shop where i bought the drone, and the Wholsaler's customer service have both been flawless and exemplary.

Leederville Camera House in Perth were the cheapest at the time for both the drone and the new camera i bought . Free freight to Melb and when it counts, they bent over backwards when it all went pear shaped with the drone.

That's good to know, will look at them for my next camera or P3 parts purchase

Reactions: Crusty181

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Agree with their prices and service.... Have spent many an hour (and dollars) there over the years :photo:
And were only a 5 minute drive from work until I moved in January!

Reactions: Crusty181

Rosco

Apr 18, 2015
Rosebud. Victoria
www.facebook.com
Thought I'd post up a short video I took back in January on Fraser Island.
I was planning to make a long video combining the Phantom footage with heaps of GoPro footage 4WDing around Fraser but the GoPro SD card was corrupt and didn't record anything...........bugger.............anyway.

G'Day Matty4,
Just watched your footage. I hope that wasn't someone you know at 1:05 into the video.....
Looks like they kicked or tripped on something....