DIY solar reflectors

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lol,lol,lol,lol,.,...............great idea but only if the sun doesn't move.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Lol,lol,lol,lol,.,...............great idea but only if the sun doesn't move.
Federal Liberal Govt has announced they will be implementing a program in 2034 that will restrict the movement of the sun so you can use subsidised homemade Alfoil reflectors on your caravan panels. Vote Liberal.

PS Barnaby is coming back.

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Federal Liberal Govt has announced they will be implementing a program in 2034 that will restrict the movement of the sun so you can use subsidised homemade Alfoil reflectors on your caravan panels. Vote Liberal.

PS Barnaby is coming back.

We wont have caravans by then but it will sort the problem of having enough power to drive town in my GreenLabor mandated electric car towing my garden trailer with my hemp sleeping mat.

Barnaby is in NSW, thankfully not my problem.............................

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We wont have caravans by then but it will sort the problem of having enough power to drive town in my GreenLabor mandated electric car towing my garden trailer with my hemp sleeping mat.

Barnaby is in NSW, thankfully not my problem.............................
Youll only to be able to drive into town (5 km max) after the five consecutive sunny days so you get enough solar charge; the way grid electricity is forever creeping up, it will be chepaer to drive my B in L's 351 Bronco with the hole in the tank, than charge up a Toyota Prius on grid power

Run too much on solar and the turds will tax you for intercepting excess sunshine .... even at night too

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well they were once going to put a tax on my water tanks for water use, not to mention my dam........................... I think they must have looked and found most people living off tanks, bores and home dams have dingo/rabbit repellant devices so dropped the idea.

Anyway by 2035 I'll be 81 so my ride on will be a sight to behold, a V8 designed to run on prune juice and Bundy..............

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Not very scientific but worth a watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsg9nQ03CdE

Thinking on shaded/low sun days, when running a solar blanket this *might* be worth a shot. Pretty cheap DIY solution.

Hi @Macca_75 , a very interesting comparison on how heat affects solar output. Also, note the ability of a MPPT controller to improve output on ALL panels to more than what they are rated at when used with a PWM controller. Another great reason to have a MPPT controller!!!

Reactions: Macca_75