Disco's BT50

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
The work on the BT50 is coming along nicely
Put a couple of van style powerpoints on the back. One for 240v power in and the other from the inverter to the outside.
Gadgets are slowly getting sorted.
Nearly ready for a run to the Vic border to wave to Crusty. 8-)8-)

Attachments

• IMG_2538.JPG
    IMG_2538.JPG
    401.7 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2550.JPG
    IMG_2550.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2553.JPG
    IMG_2553.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The work on the BT50 is coming along nicely
Put a couple of van style powerpoints on the back. One for 240v power in and the other from the inverter to the outside.
Gadgets are slowly getting sorted.
Nearly ready for a run to the Vic border to wave to Crusty. 8-)8-)
Enerdrive ??? Someones being very good to themselves

Reactions: Disco Duck

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Enerdrive is not cheap, but I think it is well priced for what you get and I think much better value for money than Redarc.
As you said, Redarc is ridiculoulsy overpriced,
All hooked up now and things seem to be working well. I need to read the books now to make sure I have the settings 100% correct.
The beauty of the Enerdrive battery charger is that it can charge three seperate banks of batteries at the same time and that includes Lithium.

Reactions: Crusty181

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
All up and running and currently parked in a caravan park in Clinton, (small town on Yorke Peninsula)
We are away for about ten days and then head home.
Very impressed with the way the BT50 tows. Very comfortable and seems to do the job easily. I will need to strengthen the rear springs up a bit when we get back but it's nothing too drastic. Not sure about the airbags they put in, might just put another leaf in the springs.

It is nice to be out and about if I'm allowed to say that ??

1603103970380.png

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I don't mind.....;).........................
Go for a new set of springs, usually they are a 7 pack with greasable pins, adding an extra leaf to the originals wouldn't really do much in the long run unless you went for a hot reset of the whole pack...... if you DiY and do the front get the strut made up, bustards to try yourself......

Reactions: Disco Duck

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
I hear you Drover. I don't think I'll be doing the struts myself. Happy to let someone else lose the bark and use terrible words.
Thanks for the info on the springs. I'll look into that when I get home.

Isn't it funny how some people get so touchy ?? 8-)8-)

Reactions: Drover

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Camped at a place called Barker's Rocks. It's about half way down the Yorke Peninsula on the western side.
The Yorke Peninsula council have a scheme where you can buy a permit to Bush Camp for $10 per night or $50 for 7 days.
The longer you buy the permit for, the cheaper it gets. There are certain areas where you can camp and they are all marked out on a map, which you can download. Some of the sites have water tanks and some have long drops, but other than that, you have to be self contained. You can camp for four weeks for the price of three, $150.00 Obviously not as good as free but...............................
Personally, I think it is bucking frilliant

Attachments

• IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 272

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Here we are at Ardrossan, on a lookout above the town. The lookout is set on top of the overburden from the dolomite mine which is behind us.
The ship is loading Dolomite.

Attachments

• IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2568.JPG
    IMG_2568.JPG
    352.8 KB · Views: 225

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
The BT50 is now finished and set up.
Got the GVM setup fitted today and I get an increase of 300KGs on the GVM and 600KGs on the GCM. That will stop me sweating about the weigh bridge possibilities and the problems with the insurance companies. I don't stack a lot of stuff but I hate to be too close. It's getting to the point where I don't need to take any chances
We got the oil catch can and fuel filter manager fitted so hopefully that is all we need.
The Expanda has a new roof and a complete service.
Off on Tuesday to explore the middle of SA and leaving the interstate stuff for a couple of months yet.
I don't really have any way of getting underneath to take photos of the upgrades and there is nothing speccy to see other than blue coil springs so I hope you'll take my word. I could post my certificate of compliance ?? :D:D