QLD Dicky Beach Family Holiday Park

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
The Dicky Beach family holiday park is situated at Caloundra approximately 1 and a half hours north of Brisbane.

The area is not Noosa or Maroochydore or some of the other better known Sunshine Coast spots. I actually think its better.

The park website can be found at;
http://www.sunshinecoastholidayparks.com.au/holiday_parks/dicky_beach_family_holiday_park/

We went with a mate who had just purchased a 2004 Jayco Freedom and was super keen to give it a run.

The park is basically divided into a couple of areas. At the front are your standard slab sites in rows that have a direct outlook onto the beach. Whilst at the rear or side of the park are the "Tent" sites that we chose. There are pros and cons to both.

The front site have a beach outlook and slabs. However with this come very little security and a 4ft fence with ready access to the park.

The rear sites are further away but larger with good fencing and new amenity blocks with the largest showers I have ever seen.

But onto the pictures
Dicky_01.jpg

Setup Sites 47 & 48
Dicky_03.jpg

The park access from the beach I described

Dicky_02.jpg

But the view from the Park is amazing

The park is situated across the road from a small group of shops that includes a gourmet butcher, a BWS, Fish & Chip shop, Chemist, Newsagency and a small but well equipped Super IGA.
It is apparent that the local beachfront parks have had some work done on the and the area looks great.
There is a fenced skatepark adjacent to the beach as well.

Last edited:

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
Once you take the short walk to the beach you are definitely NOT disappointed
Dicky_05.jpg

View North......
Dicky_08.jpg

View South.....the amazing rock formation is just south of the park entrance and a home to small fish and amazing little sea creatures.

Dicky_04.jpg

The park is adjacent to the Dicky Beach Surf Club and has a patrolled beach with some pretty relaxed wave action for the young ones. Of note is the old barge (I think?) that is a wreck on the shore.....
Dicky_06.jpg

From swimming to just beach walking there is a fair bit to do. We even took the kids fishing catching 2 decent size Bream straight off the shore...No gutter...No boat....
Dicky_09.jpg

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
All in all we will return as the park is close to home and well set up.

For all my NSW and Victorian friends I have to tell you we were actually swimming in the surf on the Saturday....no wetsuits just togs.....

Still_dreamin

Jan 27, 2014
Brisbane Northside
The wreck is of the ss dicky, a steamboat which ran aground in 1893, hence how the beach got its name. It has been identified to be demolished though, due to it now becoming unsafe. This caravan park looks fantastic, with it being directly on the beach.