Dent in door on 16.49-4

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Don't know if anyone else has this problem but when we picked up our van we noticed a dent in the lower half of the door and the salesman told us they would sort it out on our first service, so when we took it in for its first service along with a couple of minor issues the dent in the door was to be fixed and a new door has been ordered. While the van was there they managed to work out what the dent was caused from and it was as simple as the door being swung around to far without the latch on either buy the wind or someone just opening it to fast and hyper extending the plastic door hinges and the door has hit the 12v plug outside the door. So just a heads up that jayco in Mackay are replacing the door under waranty no questions asked, and all I have done to stop it happening again is fitted a bigger door stop near the 12v plug and removed the original one. Ill post a photo when I get home from work.
Cheers Jason.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
image.jpg
Photo of new door stop and if you zoom in on photo you can see the dent on far side of door in line with the 12v plug.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Is the door stop going to do the same thing, just other dent in a slightly higher spot when the door opened to far??? Or does it hit the aluminum frame instead?

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
No the new stop lines up with the frame of the door, but even if it didn't line up with the frame I still don't think it would dent it as the stop is very soft and compresses quite a bit.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
The guys at the dealership took photos and sent them to head office to let them know about the problem and try and get it fixed. I would think it would be a common problem as they had another one in the yard with the exact some dent as mine, I think they might of been going to swap the doors over when mine was in there and found the same dent that's why they looked into the cause a bit more.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Jayco don't seem to put much thought into where they place things.....
On our 16.49-1 the outside light is in a ridiculous spot. When you open the door and hook it open, half the light is behind the door. So we lose light to half the annex area. Don't know what they were thinking.