mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Ok. Finalised the bulk of the re-plumb today, with just a few tidy ups and some sealant to finish it off. Tool box is fitted along with a 150mm and 90mm pipe behind the tool box. The diesel tank is attached to the car filler side of the tool box, and protected inside a alum guard.

View attachment 35422

Had some clearance issues with the jerry can holders ... one of the only draw backs of the Mighty Navara is the tight turning circle which almost jack-knifes on the extended draw bar. This pic is after doing just a 180deg turn

View attachment 35424

Had to re-designed the gas bottle frame and jerry can holders, but my trusty son who lives near the steel supplier got plastered last night and I couldn't contact him to get the required steel.

I may live to regret this next brain wave. Ive ripped out all the waste piping, and re-plumbed all the entire waste system and directed all 4 wastes into a single combined 40mm outlet. I had a look under a mates Safari caravan and found a single 40mm waste pipe running from the washing machine on the rear kerb side, transversing across the back of the van to become the water outlet. All the waste pipes tapped into it, thought it was good idea so I modified that idea to fit the Jayco. Im pretty happy with the design and confident it will work better than original (finger crossed) ... and all out of one outlet. (or Ill be spending twice as much time under the bloody thing replacing all the original pipework)

Ive built into the design a couple of simple offset dips, bends and junctions to avoid waste passing the outlet and making its way up the waste pipe coming in for the other direction kind of a simple non-return ... particularly for the washing machine which pumps out under pressure, and might have fired my socks up through the shower drain and straight up my ar$e.

View attachment 35416 View attachment 35414 View attachment 35417 View attachment 35415

I removed the 2 plastic consertina doors and replaced them with house curtains, and I removed the glass sliding shower screen doors and replaced them it with a shower curtain. Minimising stuff to break, and an all up the weight saving is up toward 30kg, which I can add to the booze quota

View attachment 35419 View attachment 35418 View attachment 35421
Our washing machine outlet is separate from all the other drain pipes

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Our washing machine outlet is separate from all the other drain pipes
So "was" mine .... :eyebrows:. We had the Jayco Trifecta Drain as well, but now i have the Crusty Mono Waste :crazy:

Havent tested it, so it could go either way ..... be chocolates or boiled lollies; champagne or XXXX .... nah, even if the van floods its never XXXX bad

Reactions: AzHaych and dagree

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
So "was" mine .... :eyebrows:. We had the Jayco Trifecta Drain as well, but now i have the Crusty Mono Waste :crazy:

Havent tested it, so it could go either way ..... be chocolates or boiled lollies; champagne or XXXX .... nah, even if the van floods its never XXXX bad
Ours came with the Jayco duo drain but a seperate 40mm washing machine drain

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ours came with the Jayco duo drain but a seperate 40mm washing machine drain
Yup ... same, same. 3 drains are so yesterday. Single drains are the new black. I'd prefer to keep this a bit hush hush @mfexpanda ... Im frightened i may have peaked too early with the magnifique diesel heater, over subscribed to my own abilities and publicly destroyed my whole plumbing system. Oh well, if Milli Vanilli couldnt backup their initial peak with a follow up hit, ill be in good company

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Implementing hi-tech security identification of the van .... almost as good as the nano-dots
2015-09-20 16.53.05.jpeg

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Curse you again @Crusty181 , damn those pics look good. I really have to do similar with mine so it looks cool for all those people that crawl under my van to gawk........................................have to wait till I get back home though, in about 2 mths.......................by the way, I don't think the clear plastic makes any difference to goobers in the plumbing, before I left home had to sort out under the house sink and heaps of goobers living there, no sunlight ever. My plumbing is covered in underbody paint now anyway, sort of went mad with spray gun, so might just leave it.

Damn it looks good though........why is it all so shiny, do you polish underneath or something???.........................have to take a run to see what falls off ????
@Drover your van is never still for enough time do some of this my dad had a saying always traveling !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
. nah, even if the van floods its never XXXX bad
How did I miss this........???????........not biting just ignoring................

@Drover your van is never still for enough time do some of this my dad had a saying always traveling !!!!!!!!!!

True, very true @Bluey but I'm sure thinking about old @Crusty181 's diesel heater as we head south, damn cold at Coolah last night.

Have to put sunnies on to look under that van............................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
C'mon @Crusty181 , we all know you have some dirty van pics, post them late at night, we won't dob you in........lets see the dirt, eh !!!

Reactions: dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Cheap and neat little trick ... remove the breather from a spare generator fuel cap and screw in a barbed brass hose connector, connect a fuel hose and hang it in a jerry (size of your choice). The generator produces a vacuum in the few tank which drawers in the jerry can fuel. It will drawer continually from as bigger container as you can find, and will run down the generators tank last
2015-09-22 18.31.47.jpg 2015-09-22 18.31.02.jpg

Especially good for stinking hot nights with the aircon, so you don't have to refuel midway through the night.

(sorry greenies .... but stinky hot nights are debate exempt :) )

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I installed an extra gas bayonet at the rear of the van, behind the rear wheels. Prefer to have the Weber at the rear under the awning and nearer the outdoor table than sitting out the front. I found it a PITA at the front with the front awning arm and van door leaving little room especially in crappy weather
2015-09-24 16.15.51.jpg

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
I found it a PITA at the front with the front awning arm and van door leaving little room especially in crappy weather

Yep same here mate, it comes standard at the front now. I insisted it was at the back and after some persuasion they agreed and it was installed at the rear in the same spot as yours..