Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Off set will always screw the tyre especially tight turns with duals, wheels dollies should sort it out.... Old timers used lino squares on the floor...
I made a mount for my clamp but it's a double size single screw job...ignore the welds I was having a bad day, as my welder ignored my threats of death by hammer.

IMG_20210417_170617.jpg

PS that's good Thargomindah dirt.....

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Off set will always screw the tyre especially tight turns with duals, wheels dollies should sort it out.... Old timers used lino squares on the floor...
I made a mount for my clamp but it's a double size single screw job...ignore the welds I was having a bad day, as my welder ignored my threats of death by hammer.

View attachment 66762

PS that's good Thargomindah dirt.....
It looks like we went to the same welding school on the same day. Ive got a shop welder the size of a small Jeep ... despite what you here, size doesnt always help.

Ill give you a 9/10, you went the QLD way with U bolts :boink:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ill give you a 9/10, you went the QLD way with U bolts

The old U bolts from the springs I swapped out, keep it all in the family. 8-)............. Did lovely welds out of sight then I got a clogged tip, then ran out of wire, then the damn thing wouldn't cook the steel, by then I was getting really annoyed >:(, all went well once I found some D had knocked the dial and turned it down to cold welding................ stuff grinding a quick spray job and bolt the thing on........ side winder is bluddy fantastic, winds up so the back near touches the ground.

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
are you going to upgrade ?
id do it just for the leather steering wheel and gear knob and 2 cup holders :bolt:
The Troopy isnt part of the birthday fun, must be the red haired step brother of the 70 family. I cant afford to upgrade anyway, just looked the prices people are being quoted and actually paying for new Troopys. Up toward $80k and theyre being told 6 to 9mth wait on top of that. Glad i jumped in when i did, now i can hang around with the rich folk and pretend i belong

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
The Troopy isnt part of the birthday fun, must be the red haired step brother of the 70 family. I cant afford to upgrade anyway, just looked the prices people are being quoted and actually paying for new Troopys. Up toward $80k and theyre being told 6 to 9mth wait on top of that. Glad i jumped in when i did, now i can hang around with the rich folk and pretend i belong
just make sure you are dressed when you do !!
i have a few things to do to my ute soon just need time and money

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
"Goodness me just a tad expensive", says one part of me, while the other part says "Bluddy hell" , then poeple will spend another 50grand on trinkets......... I really think the last Cruiser wagon that I liked was an 80 series, maybe a 100 .............
Just go for a drive down the beach or swim this river in my 200K $ ARB display home................. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
"Goodness me just a tad expensive", says one part of me, while the other part says "Bluddy hell" , then poeple will spend another 50grand on trinkets......... I really think the last Cruiser wagon that I liked was an 80 series, maybe a 100 .............
Just go for a drive down the beach or swim this river in my 200K $ ARB display home................. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You're almost right, probably the best of the older incarnations was the 105. A 100 series body on the 80 series chassis. With the 300, $100k for the poverty pack is a bit of a big ask, makes the Troopy seem worth it $$$. One things for certain, a 20% price gouge across the 300 range will re-value the 2nd hand 200 markets to more than they were new. The increased outputs of the new V6 in the new 300 are more than capable of being strangled out of a 200, and the pimped up 200 comes with a track record for success. Theyll still sell truck loads of the 300

Reactions: MDS69 and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
For all who have the fibreglass vans, i just finished polishing my entire van with Septone Cut and Repair. $20 for a tub of paste, and use 1/2 the tub over the whole van. I also used some Coles no-name Jiff (ultra cream cleaner) for some scratches first.

I have a 1200w 6inch polisher, its simply not doable without a polisher unless youre Popeye

Havent taken it out into the sun yet, but early indoor reviews are its pretty damn flash. If all is as expected after an outdoor inspection ill run some straight polish over it.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My ouija board got the lockdown prediction right, but not the timing one day out. I had the van and car under starters orders, when Dumbo pulled a shifty and announced the lockdown a day early. The lockdown may have curbed my camping plans, but at least has provided some motivation for some reluctant long over due maintenance, the cut and polish and a super detailed spring clean to take my mind off house arrest.

Im amazed by how good the van comes up after a tub up considering its been dragged more than 70k km thru some seriously questionable evironments, and been lived in more than 600 days

The van is has very little in the way of any battle scars, and its genaral condition doesnt suggest its seen much more than a handful of annual xmas c/park breaks up the coast. Not sure if the kudos goes to Jayco, us or a combination of both