VIC Crib Point Caravan Park

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We spent two full weeks at Crib Point over Christmas and had a wonderful time. From what the owners of the park tell me is that they have been looking after it for the last two years bringing it back to a respectable level. I gotta say that from what I saw, I will be keen to go back because I think what they have the park at now is more than acceptable.
The caravan park itself has immaculate toilets and showers.
There is a central section for cooking with tables and a TV if you want to watch.
Dogs are also allowed.
Site size is huge as you will see from some of the pics below. This is two sites holding two vans, 5 tents and a mess tent area also. Plus umpteen cars parked at the front of the sites.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The area mainly caters for fishing. The CP itself enters in from the car park of the boat ramp area.
Light poles around the area have been made pelican proof. :)

image.jpg

There is a great jetty to fish off as well as a starting point to catch the ferry to Cowes or French island for the day. A lot of people take their push bikes to French island for the day. Crib point is the last stop for the V/Line train that will take you all the way into the city if you want. But for a family looking for things to do, a day on the train back to Frankston (4 stops) where the cinemas are is a great day out.
image.jpg

We rode our bikes a lot. There is plenty to explore and a couple of tracks to walk along.
HMAS Cerberus backs onto Crib Point. There are times when the base is open to the public. But once again, a great area to ride around with push bikes.
image.jpg

The locals like to come and say hello from time to time also.
image.jpg

If you are looking for a place to walk down to a great beach to sit on then this ain't it. But a 5 to 10 minute drive in the car opened up a wealth of normal and surf beaches just ripe for playing on.
The park itself would benefit from a few things that move it away from just fishing. Swings for kids for instance. Possibly a pool. Anything more kid related. But that being said, the kids were more than occupied with biking, tracks to explore and marshy areas that the boys called the "forest of twigs of death".
So all up, a great spot to visit if you get a chance. The owners are absolutely fantastic also which definitely made the entire stay so much easier.