CooTay's next Mods - Stereo / Curtains

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
After staining the kiddy jail it was time to get some vibes in the van before the next project started. A now defunct house stereo found its way into the van (despite howls of protect by "she who must be obeyed")
AMp.JPG

Perfect fit! Although taking some of the boss's cupboard space... The internal speakers fit perfectly either side of the window with all the cabling running through the overhead cupboards
Indoor Speakers.JPG

Also ran speaker cable and an RCA cable for external speakers / IPOD, but deciding whether to surface mounts speakers or use some outdoors ones on brackets....

Next was the curtain tracks for the bunks. Put a frame around the top bunk, screwed into the roof with sealant. Then put another track for the bottom bunk..... now I need to learn how to sew..........:lol:
Curtain racks.JPG

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Nice work Cootay...will watch with interest your sewing finesse !

Trying to work up the courage to source these racks and then be brave enough to drill the roof !!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Nice one Cootay.
Think I would prefer to screw into the roof than sew. I am sure I would manage to sew my fingers together.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Wow, a full blown cinema receiver for a sound system :) Not sure I'd do the same but I'd be lying if I didn't say was just a little jealous... Nice Work Mate.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
And to complement the cinema receiver, replace the awning with a large projector screen, extension lead for a portable LED projector, a hard drive full of movies, and add a 12v popcorn maker and a few chairs with drink holders and your set!

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Now youre talking RonEM..... (although the wife already told me I wasn't taking the projector from the lounge room on holidays........)