Colorado Tow Bar + Weight Distribution Hitch

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Calling all Colorado owners lol :)!

Have you got a weight distribution hitch and are you using standard holden towbar or haymann reese?

Was looking at Colorados on the weekend and noticed the stickers on it stating that the towbar is not suitable for a weight distribution hitch.

That was a genuine holden towbar.....

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
You will probably find the Hayman Reese bar will be cheaper and better than the Holden one and you wont have to modify the hitch or get the shank redrilled to fit. My mate has a crewman and the towbar tongue is different to Hayman Reese:crazy:. unless you get it thrown in with the purchase but sounds strange not to be able to run the hitch?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep it is a little strange, after all the current model is rated to tow 3.5 ton, don't think I'd want that sort of weight behind without a hitch.

Oh Colorado is a good buy at moment

Reactions: skippy

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Another vote for an aftermarket tow bar. Unfortunately no manufacturer really engineers tow bars well, recent recalls on commodore, Prado and ranger tow bars is enough evidence for me to go with Hayman Reece.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Calling all Colorado owners lol :)!

Have you got a weight distribution hitch and are you using standard holden towbar or haymann reese?

Was looking at Colorados on the weekend and noticed the stickers on it stating that the towbar is not suitable for a weight distribution hitch.

That was a genuine holden towbar.....

Hey Expanda

I have the easylift hitch setup on the RG Colarado and the 20.63-1OB tows sweet but I am also running air bags now as well. As for a sticker there is nothing on my towbar tongue or towbar assembly to the 4x4 stating anything about distribion hitches.

May I ask when are you expecting delivery of your new Colarado ;) :rofl:

Skip

Reactions: cruza driver

Drewser

Oct 14, 2013
Cockatoo, Victoria
Checked my towbar, original Holden, and no sticker on it about WDH hitches. In my owners manual it does state that you should use a WDH hitch in certain circumstances, and only original Holden tow bars should be used. Very happy with my Colorado, so as skippy said, when's your delivery date. :bounce:

Reactions: skippy