Electrical Clearance Lights

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
I have a 2013 20.63.1 and the LED clearance lights along the van are working but the ones at the top of the van on the front and back are not. Does anyone know if they need to be hooked up separately?

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I had a problem with one of mine and recently sent Jayco a photo of LEDs that were not working on the right hand indicator and one of the clearance lights.

Replaced parts under warranty (van is 18 months old) for me to fit. (Well done Jayco - they are good with their backup).

The trick with the clearance light I was told was to carefully cut the silicon to free up the cable. Losing it down the cavity would not be a good thing. Suffice to say in haven't done this yet as I wasn't in the patient mood. (The indicator was easy). A scalpel is what I plan on using.

There are two spade connectors to find about 20cm down the cavity.

Here's the problematic one I'm yet to replace. Just one LED not working. Clearly taken on water.

image.jpg

Just two LEDs out on the indicator.

image.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
Given that I don't have any of them working they must not be connected. I can't imagine all 4 lights on a van under 2 years old would be faulty when all of the lower ones work. I had a bit of a poke around under the mud guard where the wiring harness comes out of the drawbar and there are 2 sets of terminals not connected. I will put 12v into them on the weekend and see what happens.

Reactions: Bluey

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
Hey @Mick_309, don't be surprised if all the lights are buggered. I have the same can as you and one of my rears and the two fronts are stuffed on my van. I replaced the rear one no worries. But have now lost the wiring down the cavity on the front.

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
Hey @Mick_309, don't be surprised if all the lights are buggered. I have the same can as you and one of my rears and the two fronts are stuffed on my van. I replaced the rear one no worries. But have now lost the wiring down the cavity on the front.
Thanks mate I will pull them out and throw a test light on them (and maybe tape the wires to the van before disconnecting them)

Reactions: Neville Drews

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
No worries @Mick_309. The other thing I worked out is not to try and pull the wiring completely out, otherwise you may lose the connection in the wall cavity as I did today. If replacing just pull cable out enough that you can cut it and re crimp the new light on. Hope that makes sense.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Given that I don't have any of them working they must not be connected. I can't imagine all 4 lights on a van under 2 years old would be faulty when all of the lower ones work. I had a bit of a poke around under the mud guard where the wiring harness comes out of the drawbar and there are 2 sets of terminals not connected. I will put 12v into them on the weekend and see what happens.

not sure if these maybe the ones for the Stability thingy........

Reactions: dagree

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
No worries @Mick_309. The other thing I worked out is not to try and pull the wiring completely out, otherwise you may lose the connection in the wall cavity as I did today. If replacing just pull cable out enough that you can cut it and re crimp the new light on. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks mate I will take that advice. Will you be able to re run your cable?

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
no, Jayco use the same wiring Loom on all their expanda's
so even if you did not have the ESC fitted, the wiring is already there

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
Pulled them out on the weekend and tested. Has power so yes just water damage. Also have lost half a tail light due to water ingress. Pretty average I think.