Cleaning the awning

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I use dishwashing detergent and a microfibre handmit for general cleaning, and eucalyptus oil for stubborn marks/sap.

CD - is Turtle wash ok if it gets on the fibreglass walls - some car washes react with the fibreglass and haze it quicker?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Sorry I actually use armour all wash and wax and have never had any problems included my old 07 Hawk which was a fibreglass mdl.

I also have polished the van 4 times in 12 months with the polish that comes with the Expanda and it makes cleaning so much easier too

I was told by a spray painter mate that dish liquid contains salt so it shouldn't be used to wash cars with, I'm not sure about fibreglass and dishliquid though.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I have a wide microfibre mop type thing that I general use on the body and awning as well as a sponge for the fidley bits of coarse cleaning the roof is a ladder job and a right royal pain in arse

I asked my dealer what they use to was the vans, he said truck wash (CT18) it will streak the front grey stone bit but spray on silicone type tyre shine would restore it, also mentioned not to use any wash containing amonia on the fibreglass. how many wash liquards have their ingredients listed on them

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I have a wide microfibre mop type thing that I general use on the body and awning as well as a sponge for the fidley bits of coarse cleaning the roof is a ladder job and a right royal pain in arse

I asked my dealer what they use to was the vans, he said truck wash (CT18) it will streak the front grey stone bit but spray on silicone type tyre shine would restore it, also mentioned not to use any wash containing amonia on the fibreglass. how many wash liquards have their ingredients listed on them

Ain't that roof a bitch to do. The only thing with truck wash is I have heard it has some caustic in it, which in itselfs is not so bad (bad for alluminium) but a detailer told me it will wash through your wax coating a lot quicker. On the car I have great results with the meguiars 3 step Canbura wax, and use there wash that matches it.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I was told by a spray painter mate that dish liquid contains salt so it shouldn't be used to wash cars with, I'm not sure about fibreglass and dishliquid though.

yeah true, but it is only a few grains per squirt so it will have no effect on the metal. The idea (an I understand it, and I'm happy to be corrected) is that it is a 'softer' soft - not as abrasive as some.....

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Sorry I actually use armour all wash and wax and have never had any problems included my old 07 Hawk which was a fibreglass mdl.

I also have polished the van 4 times in 12 months with the polish that comes with the Expanda and it makes cleaning so much easier too

Hey Cruza,

What sort of polish does Jayco supply. We got our van second hand and would be interested. Does it need to be a special type of polish for the expands?

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
Hey Richard , the polish from Jayco for the Expandas is specifically named . You need to go into your local Jayco mob & ask specifically for " Jayco Expanda Polish & wax "
They should have it on the shelf !!!!!! :thumb:

Na just baiting you up mate. Jayco gave us from the factory 3M products. One was something like Wax & Polish & the other was a straight polish. One bottle was Black in color , the other white. They are both Marine grade products for fibreglass .

Cheers Mate. Hope this may help you. They both work great.

Regards,
Doggy.