Cleaning mould off pop top seals

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
My 14.44.4 has a bad case of mould on the pop top seals, Is there any thing special about cleaning the seals? or can I just use commercial mould killer and a bit of elbow grease?
We just got home from a week at 1770 and are not going away at Easter so I'm planning on a big van clean up instead.
Cheers

Swerve

Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
Question, when people store your van at home, do you have the lid UP/ DOWN ?

Surely with the lid up, no mould will grow ? down, more chance of water pooling and mould growth ?

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
Mr Sheen, a micro fibre cloth works well too, that's what I used on the weekend after our QLD trip. Cleans the pop top canvas and sealing surfaces really well too.

Reactions: Bushman

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Mr Sheen, a micro fibre cloth works well too, that's what I used on the weekend after our QLD trip. Cleans the pop top canvas and sealing surfaces really well too.

I'd be careful using it on the sealing surfaces they are only a thin veneer coating, thanks for tip on using on the pop-top section

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Question, when people store your van at home, do you have the lid UP/ DOWN ?

Surely with the lid up, no mould will grow ? down, more chance of water pooling and mould growth ?

As mine lives outside it's roof down with clips open to relieve pressure and the cover on, been thinking of a full height cover and leaving roof up

carpeter

Dec 23, 2022
Brisbane
My 14.44.4 has a bad case of mould on the pop top seals, Is there any thing special about cleaning the seals? or can I just use commercial mould killer and a bit of elbow grease?
We just got home from a week at 1770 and are not going away at Easter so I'm planning on a big van clean up instead.
Cheers

All of these home cleaning remedies can work and some supermarket products as well.

We ended up getting mould on carpet from a seal problem and it had to be professionally removed.