Adelaide
Hi all visited Christies Beach Tourist Park for an extended Weekend Sat- Tues

Facilities:
Accomdation: Cabins, Powered Sites, Unpowered Sites​
Camp Kitchen​
One aplutions block​
Dogs allowed on sites​
Surrounding Area:
Located just back from the beach (have a look at the drone shot in the website link)​
Cafes and shops walking distance / short car ride​
Further a field is McLaren Vale (Wineries) and an abundant variety of food and tourist stuff (google is your friend)​

Pricing
$30+ per night, depending on Site (Grassed, Slab, Seaview) see web page​
$5 for the dog (not sure if this was per night or overall)​
So this was a shake down of the 18 foot expanda and the chance to take a break from work etc.

As a Caravan Park that is in a built up area there are little trees and therefore minimal seperation between sites. I would also consider that getting large vans in (without the ability to drive through another site) means that reversing skills, spotters and reversing cameras will get a slight workout. All roads are one way and only 1 and 1/2 at best wide. I did see a few people when parking ending up with the car and caravan around 45 degrees when un hooking.
Certianly enough length for expanda, we only used the front bed on this trip so no issues. I did not try, but if we put the rear bed out it would be very close to the back due to keeping the jockey wheel on the concrete.

As we where trying out things in the van, did not use too many of the amenities.
There was only 1 toilet block, but reasonably sized, a camp kitchen, small play ground, dump point and BBQ facilities.

Camp Kitchen with external seeting as well (not shown) and pool table (cost)

IMAG0639.jpg

Sites provided power, water and sulage.​
IMAG0640 (002).jpg.png
Easy access to the beach and walking along the beach with dog unleashed areas (in most cases the whole beach). Grass was green and well kept with only a few areas lacking.​
I would suggest that if you are looking for a couple of days at the beach and wine/food tasting in the area this would be a place to stay, and we would not hesitate to go again. I would also note that there are a number of CP along this part of the coast.​
I would not suggest that this is a good overnight option as getting in and out of the sites may be slow. That said if it was non-peak than I would suggest you could pull onto two site if allowed.​
Hope this helps.​

Attachments

• Christies_Cara_park2019.pdf
    356.8 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Reactions: Drover and 1DayIll