18' Series Change of Expanda

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,
If you have not noticed the 16 Expanda has gone, but we have not dropped the Expanda from our shed as there is now a 18ft Pop Top Expanda Outback 2016 sitting in there.
Now, I know that no photos means no Expanda so I will be working on them next year. The big difference from standard for us is that it does not have bunks, it has bench space and cupboards.

The big problem that I have is that I needed to let the tyres down to get the caravan into the shed (due to the roof mounted a/c), so I need to modify the shed so that it will be able to go in and out with little issues.

The only modification planned at this point is the installation of a ventilation kit for the loo. Will follow the instructions on the forum for this.

Cheers
Stephen

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,
@Drover only one at present that shows the problem with the a/c and the shed. I have decided that the first step is to make the track removable. I think that this will get me to within 15-20mm and tyre pressure should be able to do that. Also if I need to go further I need to remove the track anyway.
IMAG0625.jpg

This is the a/c arguing with the shed.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have known people to have shed wheels for their van.
Smaller rims and tyres, I suppose an air jack with rattle gun would make it less a hassle to change, others depending on door position on shed have lifted door up and used a spacer panel at the bottom to make up the difference.
Doesnt look like you can expand the opening much though.

Reactions: millers

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
So the photos so far are, outside ones (meaning that I have it out of the shed, door track removed and tyres down to 20 psi). Last two photos show the place where the bunks should be, replaced by the cupboards and bench.

Have unfortunately got the plastic cupboard handles for most of them, the previous owner indicated that he replaced them as they broke with the metal ones.

I understand there is a thread on this, but if anyone knows how to get the metal ones for a good price I am very interested. (currently ebay $15 and $8.95 postage).

IMAG0627.jpg

IMAG0626.jpg

IMAG0628.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

IMAG0629.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0630.jpg
    IMAG0630.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 358
Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Very tidy looking rig, can't help with the handle saga been gong for decades and doesn't seem to improve....

I see your shed too, I have seen folk who must have had a similar problem and they have actually redone the roof above the door into a dormer, a squarish one and where the window would be the door extends gives you plenty of clearance for van....tried to find a pic but unlucky.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Thanks @Drover, The door track is now removable, I need to but the capping back on and the gutter. I will consider removing a section of the beam later to make it so that I do not have to lower the tyre pressures. The removal of the track is three bolts and then drop it down. Need to but it back when the van is out / in.

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I can see your power 240 volt whats going on there being so low mine are up high Tv 12 volt plug its all in the way if you get a skirt that comes with some annexes that goes on van to tbe ground and there all just behind the door

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi @Bluey I did not take notice of that specifically and have not set up the annex (or skirt). I picked it up in Queensland and had several hours looking at things but did not put the skirt on. Will try and get it out tomorrow night and see what it looks like. The photo does show the studs for skirt and they would seem to be in the line with the 240V outlet.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi @Bluey I did not take notice of that specifically and have not set up the annex (or skirt). I picked it up in Queensland and had several hours looking at things but did not put the skirt on. Will try and get it out tomorrow night and see what it looks like. The photo does show the studs for skirt and they would seem to be in the line with the 240V outlet.
Funny how freash eyes see things sometimes that once you see them realy stick out

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Funny how freash eyes see things sometimes that once you see them realy stick out

With all the tribe you have and stuff you carry I'm amazed how you can even fit a skirt in...lol,lol,lol...................

Reactions: Bluey

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
@Drover did I read that right @Bluey "fits in a skirt..", no my bad read it wrong.

So this is what it looks like with the skirt, nice black number.

On the 16 the skirt was taller and straight at the top. This one follows the bottom of the van only.
IMAG0632.jpg

IMAG0631.jpg

Reactions: Drover and Bluey