NSW Caravan park in Albury

Macca666

Jan 21, 2015
Echuca, Vic
hi all, I have just had to spen a night in Albury so that I could be at Jayco early in the morning to get my van serviced. I looked on line and found a park that looked really good with nice drive through sites but this was all booked out. The next one that I looked at was the same and then I rang one that I couldn't really see any pictures of on the Internet (I know why now). I was able to get a site and informed them that I would arrive late, this was not a huge issue but they weren't very impressed with this. On the night I arrived they had lost my booking even though I was written in their book, they had lost my payment so I paid again (credit to the manager in the morning for crediting me this money without question).
This park looked bad as I drove in but it was just after 8pm, and I had already paid for the night, so there wasn't anything I could do. They did have drive through sites and due to the fact that there was only two other vans in the park I could take my pick of sites. I drove toward the back and pulled up in a spot that didn't have a lot of light. All the sites were long enough but if you want to pull out your awning forget about it. The bathroom at first glance looks clean but when you look a bit more it appears that it hasn't been cleaned for about a year. The toilets and the shower are the smallest ones that I have ever been in.
All of that I could put up with, this park has a lot of permanent residents in it. As I found out during the night some of the residents are not the sort of people that you want to take your family near (wish i knew this earlier) during the night we had a group of people decide that they were in a boxing ring and I think by the sound of it everyone thought they were in a swearing competition. When the police finally arrived it had claimed down a bit but the cops had to hang around outside just to make sure that they didn't come back. I don't have anything bad to say about the management as they seem to be nice people but I can't recommend the park at all so please be carful if you have to stay in Albury at anytime.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Plenty of parks in Albury to pick from, I have stayed in 3 different ones 2 with the van only over night the 3rd was a cabin for 2 nights never had any issues so obviously none of them was the one you stayed at

Macca666

Jan 21, 2015
Echuca, Vic
Yes I could see that there was a few nice looking ones in Albury as well. They had the Ulysses motorcycle group in town and they had most of the parks booked out which was unfurtinate for us.