VIC Caravan park for winter

kyoshofw05

Oct 1, 2011
Hillside 3037
Hey guys, has anybody travel in winter with kids. Looking for places to take the family, in this not great weather:smow: . I live in the north west of Victoria, so l was hoping to not go to far.
i hate winter sorry had to add that.
Cheers

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
This park at Ballarat is pretty good, big indoor spa and games room for the kids. There is also an indoor games/activity room for toddlers with a play ground that opens onto it.

Its also close to Sovereign Hill if you want to spend a day there.

I haven't stayed there for couple of years but have stayed there twice.
Winter camping is always good as the crowds are smaller too ;)

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
we went to bellarine , i know its a bit further but we were swimming in heated pool and the kids had plenty of activities to keep them busy, weather was freezing but didnt care as long as kids kept busy. had indoors play room for kids and great camp kitchens with heaters and all

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Great Ocean Road Tourist Park at Peterborough, just won an award for best family park by Turu. Biased as its my inlaws park. Its close to Port Campbell and the 12 Apostles and if your into fishing the park is right on the inlet to the Curdies river, We were there a couple months ago and smashed the bream. It is a Top Tourist Park, has great amenities, jumping pillow etc. No pool but it has an awesome camp kitchen with 2 flat screens and jetmaster open fire. Great in winter when the swannies are playing.

Geoff

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
This park at Ballarat is pretty good, big indoor spa and games room for the kids. There is also an indoor games/activity room for toddlers with a play ground that opens onto it.

Its also close to Sovereign Hill if you want to spend a day there.

I haven't stayed there for couple of years but have stayed there twice.
Winter camping is always good as the crowds are smaller too ;)

We stayed there in the last school holidays, it was very quiet which suited us. Nice mini golf course and the amenities where very good. Have to pay for the heated swim spa per half hour, so the kids chilled out in the normal pool. Sovereign hill was a good day.

Geoff

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
port fairy big 4 has heated indoor pool and only 30km from warrnambool lots to see and do around there and free pancake breaky on sundays

sledge

Banned
Feb 21, 2013
Sunbury
Nagambie Lakes Resort is top notch. We went there last weekend for the second time and even in the miserable weather the kids had a ball. Also cant talk highly enough for the Managers. They know what the words 'Good Service' mean.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Nagambie Lakes always a favourite. Or you could head to the Murray (many great parks at Echuca/Moama).
Anything better than our part of the country at the moment, though not a good towing day today. Don't like thiswinter weather either.

Or have a think about Riverside CP at Barwon Heads. You can do short trips to Ocean Grove, Queenscliff etc. (Port and the Pilot boats, Ferry trip to Sorrento and maybe see dolphins, Marine Discovery Centre, great fish and chips, The Fort, Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse.) Visit Prestige Jayco to pick out your next van or look at "extras".

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Or have a think about Riverside CP at Barwon Heads. You can do short trips to Ocean Grove, Queenscliff etc. (Port and the Pilot boats, Ferry trip to Sorrento and maybe see dolphins, Marine Discovery Centre, great fish and chips, The Fort, Pt Lonsdale Lighthouse.) Visit Prestige Jayco to pick out your next van or look at "extras".

This is what were doing last week of Sept. Pace.

We love heading to Rawson / Walhalla area over winter. The Rawson caravan park is great, bush setting with ensuite bathroom, big undercover area with pot belly. The stockyard hotel (pub) is great for dinner & only a 15 minute drive to Mt st Gwinear & half hour to Mt Baw Baw for the snow. This is a regular hang out for us over the snow season, as our boys love tobogganing at mt st gwenear :)

Reactions: Four_Happy_Campers

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Great Ocean Road Tourist Park at Peterborough, just won an award for best family park by Turu. Biased as its my inlaws park. Its close to Port Campbell and the 12 Apostles and if your into fishing the park is right on the inlet to the Curdies river, We were there a couple months ago and smashed the bream. It is a Top Tourist Park, has great amenities, jumping pillow etc. No pool but it has an awesome camp kitchen with 2 flat screens and jetmaster open fire. Great in winter when the swannies are playing.

Geoff
Inlaws park hey Macca. Forum discount then, just say Macca sent us . :)

Reactions: Xpandafan