Caravan Mover

Hi everyone

I'm looking for one of the electric type caravan movers that can move my soon (hopefully) to be delivered 17 foot starcraft. I have no chance of getting it in the driveway on the back of my car (so I've just discovered) so need to get a mover. If you have one for sale thats just taking up room that you don't need any more, please please let me know! Thanks :) Mark

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
Jayco factory fit the Reich Eco Mover if you are interested. I am getting one installed with my van as I have a tight driveway to navigate. I get the van in October.

Oct 6, 2014
Bicton, Perth
Jayco factory fit the Reich Eco Mover if you are interested. I am getting one installed with my van as I have a tight driveway to navigate. I get the van in October.
Hi Simon,
Just wondering if you have your new van with the mover fitted. We have a 21.63 ordered but not to be delivered until next March 2015 however we were only out the side today measuring because it's going to be a really tight fit. Can you tell me how much you paid Jayco to fit it as we haven't done our final plans yet? Also, has it solved your problem. Thanks Mel

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Not sure what you hope to do with the movers, but being tandem you will find the movers can only turn the van around on a very very large arch. They are good for going back and forth with a slight movement left or right.
I havc a single axle and my Aussie Mover can turn my van around within its length.

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
Hi Simon,
Just wondering if you have your new van with the mover fitted. We have a 21.63 ordered but not to be delivered until next March 2015 however we were only out the side today measuring because it's going to be a really tight fit. Can you tell me how much you paid Jayco to fit it as we haven't done our final plans yet? Also, has it solved your problem. Thanks Mel
Picked up the van last week. Mover was brilliant, worked easily. I backed it into the driveway with the mover perfectly. Was able to move and adjust the position of the van with centimetre accuracy. It's definitely a marriage saver! I think the price was between $2-3,000. A bit pricey but for the peace of mind and easy of use its a no brainer for me.

The only thing to be aware of is that it can only be fitted to the standard leaf spring suspension. I had my suspension Underslung and the mover sits perfectly with the tires with plenty of ground clearance. We are heading down to Queenscliffe for the shakedown run on Sunday. I plan on taking plenty of photos and posting it here. I'll try and do a video of the mover in action too.

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
Not sure what you hope to do with the movers, but being tandem you will find the movers can only turn the van around on a very very large arch. They are good for going back and forth with a slight movement left or right.
I havc a single axle and my Aussie Mover can turn my van around within its length.
FYI it can turn the van in a more tighter radius that my car can. It's a little more fiddly re number of moves back and forth for a 90 degree turn compared to a single axle but does the job nicely. The control and moving into position into tight space was a breeze. Definitely no stress involved. All my neighbours where impressed. Apparently only thing stopping them getting a van was the reversing into the driveway aspect. When they saw the mover in action I think a few where ready to go to Jayco and order a van.

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
@Melanie and Gavin Cockran

Hi all - as promised here is the twin mover in action.

It took 10 minutes to get it into the driveway - I was impressed with the amount of control and precision I had. Never felt out of control at any time.

As mentioned above, it takes a few forward and back manevours to turn the van because of its twin axle but it gets there. A single axle would do this in half the time I reckon, but if you have a twin this is worth a look.

Last edited:

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
@Ben Stanford - Not sure exactly what the price was as it was included in the overall price of the van. I would estimate that it was around $2,500. If you where to purchase and install it after delivery I have seen it advertised for around the $4,500 mark fitted.

Last edited:

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
@Bushman - surprisingly little. The 10 minutes of moving barely took 1 bar off the battery display on the drifter control panel. Having said that the manual says it's good for 30 minutes use.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well thats cool, been to a few parks that give you that much room...................I reverse my set up into it's shed which is about that big, took awhile but I've got it down pat now with some lines on the pavers and marks on the back wall to set the cam up on. Years back had a ball on the bull bar and pushed the old rig into place.

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
@crustt - spot on. Just need to make sure that the Battery can be charged by solar or powerpoint, and your on a hard surface otherwise you might have a difficult time getting it out!

@davemc - have a look at this weblink, there are tabs at the very top of the page that give you specs and of both the single and twin mover.
http://caravanmover.com.au/

Here is the link the manual if you are interested
http://www.carsbyweb.com.au/manual/index.html

From memory the twin can handle a gradient of 15%, the single could get upwards of 25%!!! The maximum weight it can handle is 3 tonnes. I am guessing the lighter the van is the more gradient it can gradient it can handle.

BTW I am not a sales person for this product - maybe I should be and get a commission. I am just rapped with its performance - so far - as without this I would never have contemplated being a caravan owner!

Reactions: bigcol