caravan cover

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hello @brotys

:)We have a prestige caravan cover on our 20.63-1OB and it's a nightmare to put on. The easy part is taking it off.
It's defiantly a job for two. If its windy also give it a miss until the wind calms down. Trust me I found out the hard way:doh:
I have had smaller caravans covers and they were a piece of cake, but the cover/sale for the 20.63 is a handful.
We also purchased two steel poles from ranger out doors to help get some extra height when trying to drag the caravan cover across the vans roof. This is the hard part on getting past the air con, solar panels, TV Arial and the 3 air hatches. Most of the time so far I have had to get the ladder out and help drag it across the roof as well.
I still persist with the cover because it's keeping the Uv rays off the plastics and helping preventing the fibreglass from turning yellow.

Ps if anyone knows of a easier way to take a cover on and off a caravan please enlighten us lol hehehe:rofl:

Skip

Last edited:
Reactions: brotys

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Hello @brotys

:)We have a prestige caravan cover on our 20.63-1OB and it's a nightmare to put on. The easy part is taking it off.
It's defiantly a job for two. If its windy also give it a miss until the wind calms down. Trust me I found out the hard way:doh:
I have had smaller caravans covers and they were a piece of cake, but the cover/sale for the 20.63 is a handful.
We also purchased two steel poles from ranger out doors to help get some extra height when trying to drag the caravan cover across the vans roof. This is the hard part on getting past the air con, solar panels, TV Arial and the 3 air hatches. Most of the time so far I have had to get the ladder out and help drag it across the roof as well.
I still persist with the cover because it's keeping the Uv rays off the plastics and helping preventing the fibreglass from turning yellow.

Ps if anyone knows of a easier way to take a cover on and off a caravan please enlighten us lol hehehe:rofl:

Skip
Howdy skippy that is the only problem with covers ha think i will just have to put up with putting it on and taking it off to keep it clean and like new

Reactions: skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Its a bit daunting standing on a ladder though and dragging a wind sale across the roof of caravan, specially on a full height outback. I am not the best with heights specially on a ladder.:eek-53:
Its worth all the hassle I do agree @brotys nothing beats sliding of the cover and seeing a nice clean van ready for its next adventure.

Skip

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Shore is love my clean van and cars my wife all ways tells me i am a clean freak and the kids say why you got to do that for dad

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Yeh - I have been attempting to put the cover on with two 3 meter tent poles but either the poles bend or the cover gets caught ontop of the van.
Therefore it’s just easier at the moment to get the ladder out and drag the cover across the top of the panda for now.

Skip

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Yeh - I have been attempting to put the cover on with two 3 meter tent poles but either the poles bend or the cover gets caught ontop of the van.
Therefore it’s just easier at the moment to get the ladder out and drag the cover across the top of the panda for now.

Skip
That does sound like a easier way off doing it i get the wife up one side and me the other side, oops best i wait till she has baby in next week or so first , what brand off cover do you have