Canopy?

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Im looking at buying a canopy for my new Triton MQ and there is so many brands to choose from. I had a SJS on my last Triton which was great looked good and had central locking on rear door. I was going to go with the new ARB summit but I need to take it off a few times during the year for carting motorbikes and for work. Our local ARB guy where I buying a fair amount of stuff off says not to buy ARB if I wish to take it off because of the mounting and also sealing. I have kind of narrowed it down to Ultimate $3300 fitted and Flexiglass $3400 fitted, they both have quick mounts and central locking. Would love to get some feedback on them or other suggestions on others. Will be going to the Melb 4x4 show for a look but need to get on before Flinders trip.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
I would stay away from Flexiglass. The quality of there products isn't the best. Have sold many over the years and overall ok, but almost everyone of them have some sort of issue. Not sure who makes the genuine Mitsu one, but if it is EGR like the Nissan ones, i am not really happy with the quality of mine. Poor finish overall. TJM seem to make a good canopy as well. Sold a few of them and ARB and seem ok.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
I would stay away from Flexiglass. The quality of there products isn't the best. Have sold many over the years and overall ok, but almost everyone of them have some sort of issue. Not sure who makes the genuine Mitsu one, but if it is EGR like the Nissan ones, i am not really happy with the quality of mine. Poor finish overall. TJM seem to make a good canopy as well. Sold a few of them and ARB and seem ok.
The Mitsubishi one looks terrible :puke:I have found I can get an SJS from Bris would be keen for another one it those.

MickL

Feb 28, 2016
SA
The factory one is useless. They may as well not have the side windows on them as they are so small you wouldn't be able to use them anyway... When I was looking around a while ago at canopies prior to getting the car I have now with the factory one I read a lot on them and the Flexi glass ones seemed to get very mixed reviews with a lot of people complaining about Q/C issues etc...

Reactions: Tone

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
I've been very happy with the SJS canopy on my MN triton. Looks good and it's practical with built in roof tracks ready for a rack or bars.

Mitchbat

May 27, 2016
Perth
I've got the flexiglass sport and very happy with it. It has central locking, nice big opening side windows and 150kg load rating with the internal support bars (which I have well and truly tested with no issues). IMG_6273.JPG

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have an Aeroklass which I would not recommend although it looks good and has not broken but the windows are too small and it is not high enough to be practical especially as I have fitted drawers. The shape follows the roof line of the cab and it has inbuilt tracks with bars fitted and a light. DSC_8877.JPG DSC_8875 1.jpg

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Going to order a SjS on Monday. Looked at 4x4 show today, couldn't get any other brands in the next 3 weeks. Arb could, but can't take it of easily.