Venue: Calembeen Lake CP, Creswick
Address: 12 Cushing Ave, Creswick VIC 3363
Phone: 03 5345 2411
Link: http://www.creswickcaravanpark.com.au/

Date Visited:
Visitors: 2 adults, 3kids
Rate: $37/n

Review:
After a busy month or so, finally thought I better get around to posting the review of the Calembeen Lake CP we stayed at back in early September. After a quick and easy getaway not far from home, we decided to try out Creswick’s local caravan park, overlooking Calembeen Lake.

Like a lot of the parks we’ve stayed in the past (and to be honest preferred) this wasn’t part of a chain. It does have the big jumping pillow, awesome pool or multi level playground. It does have a pool and a playground, but neither are compared to what the big chains usually offer up. It does have a great community kitchen which has a fireplace. I assume it works, but to be honest we had our own so it didn’t matter.

That’s right, fires allowed in the provided drum, and you BYO wood. Having said that, the owners also dropped off a few pieces from the back of the ute. In fact, the owners were probably the greatest facet of this park. Really welcoming, helpful and approachable. At one stage I needed a spanner to get the gas bottle off the van and the response was “sure, go in the shed and see what you can find. Don’t mind the mess though…” They also gave us Smergling #3 for free which saved $5/n

Given the quiet and non-descript weekend, we were told to just pick any site and set up. Gotta love that… We chose one away from the vans that were already set up and at the end of the run. It was a huge site and easily accommodated the van, truck and awning. Also had the big three in power, water and sullage.

Ammenities were reasonable and well sized. Whilst tired and a little rough around the edges, they were always cleaned and presented in a good manner. I had no real issues with them, and neither did the Minister for Domestic Affairs.

Situated adjacent to the Calembeen Lake, the park has a really nice setting amongst some large pines and trees. Some nice walking paths, in summer apparently swimming in the lake and fishing (if you believe the signs).

All up it was a great little weekend away which we enjoyed (other than the footy score).

It’s in the same “mould” as Lake Beaufort, but for some reason not quite in the same league for us. Not sure why… Apparently it’s very popular with big groups in summer who can rally the vans around the big sites and get a real sense of community.

A nice stop over, and always nice to have a quick trip home… :)

Staff: 8/10
Site: 8/10
Facilities 6/10
Price: 8/10
X Factor: 5/10

Overall: 7/10
Relevant threads and photos:

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/the-marshians-do-calembeen-lake-cp-creswick.7723/