Buying an expander

Ballo

Mar 18, 2012
Northern Beaches Sydney
I have 4 kids and a beautiful wife. What is the best expander for me? I want to make sure there is enough storage for clothes (even at the snow) and they are comfortable. Probably always staying at caravan parks. All comments are welcome, no matter how triviale.

kimlouise

Jan 19, 2012
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Hi Ballo, We are a family of mum dad and 4 kids, 1yr -12yrs. We have ordered a 17.56-1. Based on our requirements we negated the shower/ toilet in favour of the extra cupboards and bench space. We mainly stay at caravan parks but are going on a big trip where we will free camp 50/50. We optioned an outdoor shower to cover us on these occasions. It is a great layout for us with the convertable bunks and the beds each end. It is a big decision. Good luck.

linrod

Jan 3, 2012
Inverloch, Victoria
HI there,
We also are a family of 6, hubby, myself and 4 children ages 9, 7, 3 and 8 months. We are picking up our new 17.56.1 OB on Thursday. We sold the 16.49.1 OB as it was just to crowded with the 6 of us. I personally think you can't go wrong with either the 17.56.1 or 2 just depending on whether you want a toilet/shower or an extra cupboard and bench space. We opted for the cupboard and bench space purely for the fact that we do 90% of our vanning at parks.
Cheers and good luck, you will never be sorry

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We are opting for the 17.56.2. Havent placed the order yet but i think it will suit us very well. 3 kids, 7, 4 and 2 plus grandma wants to come along. We are getting the shower/toilet for free camping, late night nature calls, wet weather and for Grandma's comfort. Tow vehicle was mentioned earlier and this will be a big factor. What are you driving?

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
We opted for the 17-56-2 OB and I was having nightmares over the towing, we came in at 2469kg and our capacity was 2500KG so look at what you want to put on then look at the sizes and their ATM.
Happy hunting

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
We have 4 girls aged 3 through to nearly 11 and opted the 17-56-2. We thought the shower / toilet model good with so many girls- and going into teenage-hood privacy etc. Also we thought it would be good as we are looking at doing Australia for a year in 2014 - so with lots of free camps the shower and toilet would be handy - instead of mucking about with shower tent and coleman system etc. We opted for the outback model with stacks of extras - and only picked ours up on Friday so are yet to pack it up with our goods and have our first trip at Easter. 90 %of our current camping is free camp or national park so we thought the shower toilet option good. Storage wise there seems to be alot more than the Hawk which we just sold