Built in Rubbish bin

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
you could always spend a few frustrating hours searching for a matching vinyl wrap. I've been toying with the idea (ie. watching experts on youtube) of upgrading the interior using a wrap

The exact match is only available from Jayco - and you need to buy a full sheet of their "wood" (which isn't very cost effective). Looked into this when I put shelves in.

I think trying to match it, but not getting it right will be worse than something very different.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I had the same thing when I made a cupboard to fit the Genny, I didn't want it stand out against the fake wood on the interior I bit the bullet temporarily by just varnishing the ply, hoping I didn't get that dodgy home made varnished ply look, by shear ars the tint I chose while not a match actually blends in, is hardly noticed at all , so it doesn't look too daggy.............So maybe look for something that blends in and doesn't make a stark contrast, trying to match can make things stand out, either that or the old fall back, a towel rail.....

Expanda 12.37

Jan 22, 2012
Bendigo
Another option is a set of pull out drawers that fit perfectly into a kitchen cupboard. We bought a new Jayco Expanda 12.37-2 in 2010 and wanted a set of easy to use rubbish bins. These were sourced at Bunnings and when placed in the cupboard they fitted so tight that they needed no attachment to the cupboard walls/floor at all. When we later sold the Expanda and bought a Jayco Discovery 16-52-SH, 2010 model with exactly the same kitchen layout (a feature we wanted) the set of drawers were just lifted out of the Expanda and placed into the Discovery. Today they remain in the Discovery and were one of the excellent mods we made to our caravans.

Attachments

• DSCN2285s.jpg
    DSCN2285s.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN2286s.jpg
    DSCN2286s.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 176