17' Series Bubble in floor

Joanne

Dec 10, 2013
Adelaide
SA is in a similar position with only 1 Jayco Dealer here, but we are fortunate that they are good to deal with, well we have been happy to buy 4 vans from them BUT things do seem to be slipping slightly these days.

Joanne

Dec 10, 2013
Adelaide
Well good news so far. Hubby is on the way home from picking up the van. The Dealership offerred to take it home for us but we wanted to inspect the floor before we took it back again. Hubby is amazed how good the floor looks. He even said it looks like it has never had a problem and he is very pleased with it.
Now only time will tell if this is a permanent fix and how long it lasts but as previoulsy said they have had no comebacks with the method they use. We will be taking it away for 3 x short weekend trips in the next month or so and I would think if there is going to be a problem it should show up then.

Reactions: VDJ200R and Smirke

KevO

Aug 12, 2013
Cobar NSW
We too have the dreaded bubble in the floor near the fridge . Our dealer offered the injection method but doubtful if it would work, 2nd option was to put a small metal strip down on the floor - that wasn't going to happen and the 3rd option is to send it to jayco who wouldn't be available for another 3 months and when they do get it, it would take them another 3 months to do the job. Needless to say i wasn't thrilled with any option, especially since we plan on travelling next year. They have said that when are finished travelling we could get it done then, but i'm yet to get that in writing.

Joanne

Dec 10, 2013
Adelaide
I have had a look at the floor and at first glance it looks great, and yes there is no bubbling of the lino. I can tell that the lino has been relayed as when I look at the walls I can see that the lino doesn't quite meet the wall in some spots. Now I could be seen as being quite picky but when you put in context that this is a van that was not even 6 months old and has had to have the floor repaired, then I feel that I have a right to be picky. It is disappointing that this has happened and I suppose that if we were to sell it that the new buyer would not even know that the floor has been relayed. I do feel a bit peeved about it and know that I have to live with it and I am sure I will get over it but when all is said and done I can't fault our Dealer for the effort they have gone to get it fixed.

Cheyne78

May 30, 2014
Perth
@Smirke I can remember your hubby as a Manual Arts teacher and he was fussy! Cant remember whether woodwork or metalwork was his forte though!