Interior Broken Drawer Latch

Snowman

Oct 8, 2016
Perth
Hi All,

Having taken our new 20.64-1 Expanda out a couple of times now, we have clocked up a few warranty repairs which were not unexpected after reading some of the great tips from the forum.

I have a few drawer latches that have broken. One of them there is no access from behind the drawer to get your hand in and open it from the inside.

Does anybody have a nifty way to get this drawer open ?

Snowman

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Can you push the pin out of the front of the handle (effectively breaking the latch off) and remove it that way? Handle needs to be replaced anyway.

Otherwise make it Jayco's problem - warranty issue anyway

Snowman

Oct 8, 2016
Perth
Can you push the pin out of the front of the handle (effectively breaking the latch off) and remove it that way? Handle needs to be replaced anyway.

Otherwise make it Jayco's problem - warranty issue anyway
Yeah you're right Macca. I should just drag it down to Jayco. I will take another look to see if I can knock that pin out. Thanks for the tip

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I made an issue of it on my first service and Jayco (company) ended up advising the service centre to replace all my handles to the v2 model.

v1 model - plastic and problematic
v2 model - plastic and apparently the design issue is fixed\
v3 model - metal and chargable to swap over

As my van was due to be picked up we agreed the service centre would give me a bag of handles and I would swap them out myself. Guess I have a heap of v1 spares now :)

Saffo64

Feb 5, 2018
Melbourne
, post: 176526, member: 5710"]I've found another two handles broken. Jayco have agreed to replace mine - be interesting to see which ones I get.[/QUOTE]

So which handles did you get? I've only used our new van 4 times and 3 handles are broken. Jayco said they will replace the lot, so curious to know what I'll get.