QLD Borumba Deer Park, Imbil. 35km West of Gympie.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
A quick 3 hour getaway saw our weekend spent with friends at Borumba Deer Park on the banks of Yabba Creek near Imbil.
Deer roam the park and the Borumba Dam is only 3 kms away where Boats, Jetskis and other rec activities happen.
Cost for powered site with 2 kids in tow was $44 a night.
Clean ammenties and firewood available at $15 a barrow load. You sure chew through it.
The Railway Hotel Imbil, does a great counter lunch too.
P6010015.jpg
P6010019.jpg
P6010039.jpg
P6010043.jpg
P6010045.jpg
P6010058.jpg

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
I want see a "what came next " photo after the rope swing shot! I hope there was enough of a run to get back to the bank!
Soaring, you guessed it, he never made it back as a second after that, the stick he was holding onto snapped and splash into the water he went.
Talk about laugh, I missed it on camera but his wife got it on video.
Prior to this his 8 y.o daughter had no drama doing the rope swing.
Cheers Deano

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
If you are after a nice quiet weekend I would avoid it on the 12th to the 14th of July. However if you are a petrol head Imbil is host to The International Rally of Queensland, which is a round of the Asia Pacific Rally Championships.
It won't be a peaceful weekend but there will be a lot of action with over a hundred cars competing.

greggels

Aug 2, 2012
Sunshine Coast
Hi all, nice area up at Imbil I have camped and done heaps of 4 wheel driving up there for years,

not only is the Rally on in July, but 4WD Queensland Corroboree is on over the long weekend 5th-7th October, this year hosted by North Coast 4X4 club that I am a founding member of,
attached links
http://www.facebook.com/4WDQldCorroboree?fref=ts
or http://www.northcoast4x4club.org.au/

possibly 250+ 4WDrives attending will be based/camped at show grounds if you are interested, should be a good weekend,

cheers Greg

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Deano,
i grew up just over the hill from that place, Upper Kandanga.
pretty area up there, some good 4wding up and around the state forest. Ripper drive up behind the dam on a track via Mount Buggery to Jimna if you are going back there.
HM

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Hey HM,
Good old Kandanga, played lawn bowls there once. I would love to go through Amamoor State Forest and also the Gympie Muster site. Lovely scenery out that way too.
So are you all geared up for your big trip. Be sure to keep us all posted on here.
Seems Bigmans timer is a hit for everyone letting us know whats coming up next. It sure stands out!
Cheers
Deano

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
I love the timer, keeps reminding me how little time is left. thanks @bigman
We are nearly all packed up, still a bit to do. The fridge is on power now, which is starting to make it real.

Theres also a nice drive from the muster through the back way (state forest) thru Pie Creek in to the South Side of Gympie. You head in the normal way through Amamoor then take forestry roads past the muster and come out in Gympie, easy way back to Bargara.

HM

bob husband

Aug 20, 2018
bribie island
sadly the park has been let go somewhat,mainly due to the lack of rain,the deer have all gone,thanks to a big storm,most of the grass has gone ,we have been there many times but wont be going back ,shame though ,it used to be a lovely place,and i know the weather (lack of rain)is the main cause ,but you can see a real decline in the whole place from management down.desperately needs updating.its not that I,m whining ,search reviews and you will understand what I mean

Reactions: DRW and 1DayIll