14' Series Blocked sink drain!

Maxisverymad

Jun 23, 2015
Tawonga Vic
Yep sink blocked and wash water getting away very very slowly. Look down plug hole and not blocked, outside to check drain in bucket, all good. Crawl underneath and check clear drain hose from bucket to floor entrance looks fine, pull out cutlery draw and bingo, kink in hose where it leaves sink elbow!
I guess over time the hose has worked down a bit through floor causing it to pull it and kink, needs another 90 deg bend but the hose would then hit the cutlery draw.
Pair of vice grips across kink has fixed the problem for now and will fix with a short piece of thick walled hose and saddle to back wall when home after this super long weekend. :)

image.jpg

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
A straight piece then a 90o at the back and then clear tube down should fix the problem methinks.
Should also bring pipes out the back of the drawer.
Marv

Reactions: Maxisverymad

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
The best thing to do is have a bucket under your drain outlet at the back of your van. In that bucket cut a fitting in that suits your hose about 6 inches up from the bottom of the bucket. Connect your hose to that, still make sure your hose is flat so you don't get an air lock. All the crap goes to the bottom, it will drain as quick as your house sink and for those with shower, it will never overflow. I think it is the first mod anyone should do. You can get as fancy as you want but it costs about $20 to do if you have to buy the bucket. One of those white 15 litre plaster/paint buckets is best (20L too big for standard van, ok for Outback). If you need a photo I can post one. You will never have a slow sink again.

Cheers Geoff

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The best thing to do is have a bucket under your drain outlet at the back of your van. In that bucket cut a fitting in that suits your hose about 6 inches up from the bottom of the bucket. Connect your hose to that, still make sure your hose is flat so you don't get an air lock. All the crap goes to the bottom, it will drain as quick as your house sink and for those with shower, it will never overflow. I think it is the first mod anyone should do. You can get as fancy as you want but it costs about $20 to do if you have to buy the bucket. One of those white 15 litre plaster/paint buckets is best (20L too big for standard van, ok for Outback). If you need a photo I can post one. You will never have a slow sink again.

Cheers Geoff
Im with you Geoff. Im so happy with my sump Ive consolidated all my three wastes into a single 40mm outlet, dropping into the sump (although my outlet is at the bottom ... I like to share the crud)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I changed the sink outlet in our Panda a while back to a straight one, about $15 from Camec solved any kinking problems and nothing get stuck in the elbow.
No problem with new van, 40mm PVC pipe all the way through the van.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Somewhere on my van thread I think I put a pic of when I ripped that mongrel 90deg sink drain out and put a straight one in, lashed out $5 for it and added a 90 deg bend lower down so it missed a draw and it now drains that fast it nearly sucks the sink into " The Drovers Superior Grey Water Tank " which handles all drains in van even allowing drainage into those annoying uphill drains that some parks excell at.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide

Cheers Geoff
Photo please, I think you may have posted It before but I can't find it. Ta

Reactions: bigcol

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
Photo please, I think you may have posted It before but I can't find it. Ta

Here you go @Marv_mart $12 water tank outlet fitting and a 90c bucket, works really well no more slow draining from the sink or sink water coming up into the shower.....I put the outlet 100mm or so from the bottom of the bucket so it will hold a few litres of water which hopefully will lower the chances of it blowing away.

I reckon I got the idea from a post @macca put up some time ago:first:

20150825_102640.jpg

Last edited: