18' Series BIKE RACK

Moore Family

Jun 18, 2014
SE Queensland
Hi Constable Clan
We have the 20 series expanda and had the Jayco std bike rack fitted.
I took a few photos, hope they help with your search.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Constable Clan

Oct 5, 2013
muswellbrook
sorry it has taken me so long to reply back with a thank you for your input I am still to doing something about a bike rack but going with carry - bike pro as well a little bit worried that the bike's might not be there when we stop or the fibreglass might start to crack. " time and travel will tell"

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I think you'll find that much like the TV bracket, the wall has to be prepped at the factory on construction to be able to attached a bike rack to the rear wall ........... triple check, I think.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
I only carry the 2 bikes but has anyone tried carrying 3?
3 versions are apparently easy to add to the existing rack but our local Jayco dealer said that it's not recommend from Jayco and I would assume that the rear fibreglass would not withstand the extra impact and extra weight of a 3 bike.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
3 versions are apparently easy to add to the existing rack but our local Jayco dealer said that it's not recommend from Jayco and I would assume that the rear fibreglass would not withstand the extra impact and extra weight of a 3 bike.
That's why you 'need' a light weight carbon fibre bike!

Reactions: skippy

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Mine was installed by independent after I picked it up, being a pro repairer the factory gave him the plans to ensure it was installed correctly through the bracing. Not available to customers.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Mine was installed at the factory. You can see the plates inside the van. As long as that is going through some bracing it should be pretty secure.
2014-09-24 08.10.24.png

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Ive ordered the third rail which should come this week. Its supposed to hold 60kg and there are no stickers or anything in writing to warn against 3. It is only kids bikes so not too heavy either

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Ive ordered the third rail which should come this week. Its supposed to hold 60kg and there are no stickers or anything in writing to warn against 3. It is only kids bikes so not too heavy either

I have had my bike rack for almost a year now and I am really happy with it too. I was also thinking that the bike rack could handle the third bike no worries, but I have my concerns that the fibre glass @regate :eek-53:might fail.

I only carry the two small kiddy bikes on the back as well and I was contemplating adding a extra one for my mountain bike as well.

If the Jayco factory was around the corner I would pop in for a tour and have a look at the bracing....unfortunately it's not just around the block from WA.:bounce: Its a long-shot...has anyone seen the internal bracing on the full height vans for the bike racks?:hail:

Reactions: dagree