BigCols 16.49.1 (HL).OB (13EX)

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yes Sir @dagree I admit it was your doing that got me motivated to do both actually

and I think it is becoming a standard Mod on the Expandas - rather few of them have had it done already

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
a couple of quickies of the Bed end canvas - very good - twas 8* last night up there (according to the phone temp for Two Rocks), and it was nice and toastie in bed...........

IMAG0623[1].jpg

IMAG0624[1].jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeah, but going back on previous posts about the bed ends - maybe I should have gotten windows etc......

I didnt really explain what I wanted - just that I wanted them............. hahahahaha

all good, Im happy with them, and so is SWMBO -

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
well, when trawling through eBay a couple of weeks ago - I found a "Polaris Waza Kit" for sale
now, when they first came out I brought the Polaris Kit and fitted it to my Blue Beastie and my Flamingo
loved it
then when I updated, I transferred it to the White Beastie, all good
then I sold the Flamingo, and thought, mmmm need to fit it to the new Expanda..... but
I didnt like the way I had the camera cable just hanging out the back door to connect to the Van.....

hence finding the Waza Kit (tis a "curly" cable for connecting the Van to the Tug for the reversing Camera)
$_57.JPG
$_57c.JPG
$_57b.JPG

so while I'm home this week, I am hoping I will "extract" the digit, and get it fitted up - it even came with a "snazzy" camera all chrome looking (instead of white)

hopefully

Attachments

• $_57a.JPG
    $_57a.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 271
  • Waza_Pinout.jpg
    Waza_Pinout.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
in the spirit of @The Goodwins with his "epic" yard re-modeling,

I am continuing to re-make my back yard to be more used friendly.
the idea is to give me more room getting the Van in and out, as well as parking for my car when I am not in Perth (instead of leaving it out the front of the house)

a bit of loose background, so you can nod your head and go mmmmmmm

with my Flamingo, I used to be able to reverse the van (2010mm wide) in my back yard, through the gate (2150mm wide), past my little shed to park it away.
when necessary, it was put under the patio out of the weather
unfortunately, I haven't found a pick to show you, but once I do, I will post it up

any how, when we picked up the new Expanda, I was trying to reverse it into said gate, and it wouldn't fit.......
WTF - its the same width as the Flamingo, why can I not get it through......?
long story short, the Expanda has the awning attached on the outside......... DOH
so the Fence needed moving, and a new Gate fabricated ASAP
lucky I had already emptied and dismantled my shed, as I really needed the room.

so this is how the yard sat for the last 15 months, while I tried to work out what I wanted.....

new gate
IMAG0539.jpg

IMAG0538.jpg

sand under half the van

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Now we can't rush things can we @bigcol ;)
I call it taking time and getting things right the fist time!!!!

Looking forward the pics of the finished product!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
so, on a whim........ I stopped to annoy a guy doing Brick Paving down the road, to get him to come and quote what I needed doing.
was a good quote, good enough for me to order a heap of Pavers and get them delivered last Friday

on Monday, I had a Bobcat / Skid steer arrive, and talk with the Brickpaver (named Steve) about depths and levels and other crap I dont know about.......
he set about transforming my sand pit from this..........
IMAG0670_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0674.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
today, Steve has nearly finished the whole lot, with some cutting to do tomorrow, and its all sorted......

we did have a "hiccup" that meant the old drive way had to be lifted - some tosser brought the Pavers from a different company than the ones already layed - and they are 4 mm smaller...... who would have "thunked it".........

more pic's tomorrow

Attachments

• IMAG0676.jpg
    IMAG0676.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 313