Big Gee's New Ranger

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Hey Moto, I've been a tad time poor the last few weeks sadly.

As such Ranger mods are dwindling. In better news I have some mods planned for th 17.56-2.

Now just gotta find the time to kick them off..... I will have to start a thread on that, haven't managed to get that happening yet....... How's the BT50?

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
G'day BG,
I'm wondering what brake controller you have placed into your Ranger as I'm in the process of getting a new Ranger myself with the same setup as yourself and would like to know how you've got it setup.
Myself I was looking at installing a Tekonsha P3 somewhere in the cabin maybe beside the centre console or under the steering column area

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rob

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
G'day BG,
I'm wondering what brake controller you have placed into your Ranger as I'm in the process of getting a new Ranger myself with the same setup as yourself and would like to know how you've got it setup.
Myself I was looking at installing a Tekonsha P3 somewhere in the cabin maybe beside the centre console or under the steering column area

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the slow reply & hi again to everyone on the forum. I have been so busy with work & family commitments time is way too precious at the moment.

Rob I fitted a Tekonsha Primus IQ. I installed it on the LHS under the steering wheel column & I spaced it out on one side with washers to square it up to the travel direction.

I am still loving the new Ranger she clicked over 20,500 Kim's yesterday! With no issues so far.

Big Gee

brismacca

Dec 12, 2012
Brisbane
Hi Big Gee,
Just picked up my Ranger last week and head off with the Panda for Easter. Previously I towed with a Prado 150 with a HR WDH. I have read conflicting reports and just wondering are you using a WDH? Also wondering which way you have the hitch? Mine was supplied with the tongue at the top of the hitch, but I think it will be too high for the Panda and was thinking I should change it. Interested in your thoughts.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Gudday Brismacca,

Congrats on the Ranger. I don't use a WDH & the Ranger drops about 35mm on the rear when the Panda is on but I feel little affect to the handling. I put my tyres up to between 45 - 55 psi depending on how the van & ute are loaded. I generally gauge it purely on the look of the sidewalls on the tyres. I personally think tyres have more impact on towing than most realise.

I run the tow bar with tongue down as the Panda sits nose down by about 20mm in this configuration.

Good on your first trip, these new motors in the Ranger & BT's are super fun to tow with! :p

big gee

brismacca

Dec 12, 2012
Brisbane
IMG_0128.JPG

Gudday Brismacca,

Congrats on the Ranger. I don't use a WDH & the Ranger drops about 35mm on the rear when the Panda is on but I feel little affect to the handling. I put my tyres up to between 45 - 55 psi depending on how the van & ute are loaded. I generally gauge it purely on the look of the sidewalls on the tyres. I personally think tyres have more impact on towing than most realise.

I run the tow bar with tongue down as the Panda sits nose down by about 20mm in this configuration.

Good on your first trip, these new motors in the Ranger & BT's are super fun to tow with! :p

big gee
Thanks for the advice big gee. Towed the jet ski last Sat for a ski day at Atkinson Dam and of course it had no dramas. Looking forward to seeing how it tows the Panda. Loving the Ranger so far: