NSW Big 4 Umina

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Just spent the weekend here. So my two cents. As far as caravan parks go it was pretty good.
If you have kids under 10 years of age I think this place would be heaven with the water park / pool and jumping pillows. My 11 and 14 old enjoyed it, but got bored fairly quickly.

Don't come here if you want a peaceful weekend. From 8am to 9pm at night there was a constant background noise of kids screaming, kind of like cicarders, which kids tend to do that when having fun.

You have to jostle for a position in the pool, and you'll cop the odd kick in the groin and arm swung into your head. But it was good entertainment watching kids on the slide, especially when a kid was a bit slow to get out of the way or felt the need to try and walk up the slide as another was coming down.

Beach was okay, as mentioned, fairly flat, good for a paddle.

Couple of tips.
- Don't get sites 37-41. I was in site 38 and whilst on the map it shows close to the beach, they are really small sites, with the sites behind elevated, making you feel closed in. Also on site 38 the concrete was all cracked and slightly uneven. The premium sites are probably worth the extra coin.

- If you have to use the amenities, use block 1 beside the tennis courts. Showers are not timed, were hotter and were generally cleaner due to being further distance from the 'tent people'.

Would I go there again?...maybe when I have grandkids...which I hope won't be for another 20 years.

Token pic, sorry didn't take many photo's.
20150220_175504.jpg

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Just spent the weekend here. So my two cents. As far as caravan parks go it was pretty good.
If you have kids under 10 years of age I think this place would be heaven with the water park / pool and jumping pillows. My 11 and 14 old enjoyed it, but got bored fairly quickly.

Don't come here if you want a peaceful weekend. From 8am to 9pm at night there was a constant background noise of kids screaming, kind of like cicarders, which kids tend to do that when having fun.

You have to jostle for a position in the pool, and you'll cop the odd kick in the groin and arm swung into your head. But it was good entertainment watching kids on the slide, especially when a kid was a bit slow to get out of the way or felt the need to try and walk up the slide as another was coming down.

Beach was okay, as mentioned, fairly flat, good for a paddle.

Couple of tips.
- Don't get sites 37-41. I was in site 38 and whilst on the map it shows close to the beach, they are really small sites, with the sites behind elevated, making you feel closed in. Also on site 38 the concrete was all cracked and slightly uneven. The premium sites are probably worth the extra coin.

- If you have to use the amenities, use block 1 beside the tennis courts. Showers are not timed, were hotter and were generally cleaner due to being further distance from the 'tent people'.

Would I go there again?...maybe when I have grandkids...which I hope won't be for another 20 years.

Token pic, sorry didn't take many photo's.
View attachment 30164

Your site wouldn't be the only one with cracked concrete slabs, a lot of them are like that, one of the reasons we don't go there that often, the price you pay, i don't think it is the best park on the coast. We cam back from Toowoon bay last weekend. Better park with a really nice pool and the jumping pillow and play equipment is good as well.
Beach access isn't as good as Umina, but overall a better park with nicer staff. Umina have hit and miss with staff friendliness, have been spoken rudely or more than one occasion, normally front desk.

Reactions: mbr37746

Macropod

Sep 5, 2013
Cordeaux Heights, NSW
We were there a couple of weeks ago on one of the premium sites - which was great. Plenty of room - little tricky to reverse in but have had worse. It poured with rain while we were there and the site drained very well - so no complaints on that front. Pool was great but yes - can get crowded. Kids were noisy - but that's what you get in a legoland park. The ensuite sites looked great so we have booked one of these for January next year. We found the staff very helpful and they were happy to confirm a site number for us - but did advise that if there was a maintenance issue on the site then we may have to be moved. Beach was great. One of the best learn to surf beaches around. No patrolled section near the van park but its a shallow beach and really not that dangerous.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We were there a couple of weeks ago on one of the premium sites - which was great. Plenty of room - little tricky to reverse in but have had worse. It poured with rain while we were there and the site drained very well - so no complaints on that front. Pool was great but yes - can get crowded. Kids were noisy - but that's what you get in a legoland park. The ensuite sites looked great so we have booked one of these for January next year. We found the staff very helpful and they were happy to confirm a site number for us - but did advise that if there was a maintenance issue on the site then we may have to be moved. Beach was great. One of the best learn to surf beaches around. No patrolled section near the van park but its a shallow beach and really not that dangerous.
Thanks @Macropod
I'm amazed you got any surf there at all!
When i was a kid we used to take the tinny out into the channel and ride the waves that break over near lobster beach. Great fun!

duncandonuts

Jan 19, 2015
Eastwood
www.duncandonuts.info
Just stayed 5 nights during the April school hols in Jayco Dove camper with 2 little boys. The staff were super friendly and surprising ly the park was half empty. The kids loved the jumoing pillows, new water park and pool and of course bejng driven around by me in a pedal buggy. Prices are on the high side but with all the facilities well worth it if you have kids.