NSW Big 4 Umina

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
Hi, this weekend we have decided to take the long journey to Umina, 1 hour away. Has anyone stayed there, and have an opinion on the park good or bad. When I get a long weekend we normally head to Seal Rocks but the place is becoming more popular and is getting harder to get a site, so we have decided to head south for a change.

Greg

Willy

Nov 5, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Greg, stayed there for 2 nights last November. Sensational location, right on the beach. Nice pool area, tennis courts, cafe all on site. Amenities are nice, cleaned regularly. The site sizes are ok, and we will be going back.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
We used to stay at Umina Beach all the time, but have found the cost to be expensive and some of the things run down. Stuff like BBQ's not working on long weekend, amenities closed during busy times for problems (not the usual cleaning time)...

We have found the Toowoon bay council park is the better bet now. Little cheaper with a new pool and great faculties.

Also the blue lagoon park isnt to bad either. The park itself isnt the best, but the pool and spa complex are awesome.

Just some feedback for you as we go up the coast at least once a month to make plenty of use out of the Panda.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
I've heard great things from my parents! Coming from Newcastle myself I love the locations we have within 1 hour of home - You can have a beer in hand by 6pm on a Friday night!

I get the MoWaF to drive then you can have a couple of roadies :) Then the time starts at 5.10pm when i get home from work :rockon::rockon:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Greg, last time we were there was about 7 years ago but nice spot and as mentioned plenty of activities. Allot of nice places within a 1-2hr radius of where we live and you'd think your miles away.When we were there they had cable telly for each powered site.....back then I was excited! I'm sure you'll all have a great weekend and I hope the weather is good for you!

Cheers.

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Greg, we are there now...been here since Saturday and leave Friday. First visit to the park in a caravan, was here last year before the expanda in a cabin. We have a 3yr old and 2yr old, so the waveless beach and the pool with slide is a hit. Good playground and two jumping castles. Site 15 for Ensuite site would be the pick, no neighbour Ensuite.

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Greg, we are the first Ensuite site, if still here will be packing up, drop by and say hi, you'll see the CooTay on front of van. Scott

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
So I've booked a weekend here. Funny thing is that they say they cannot guarantee a specific site. I can put in for a preferred site but may not be available on my arrival :crazy:
When I asked why, they said because someone else may have booked the site 9 months ago. Okay shouldn't you have a record of that? Well yes but there may be some unforeseen circumstances.

Very strange...

Reactions: Smirke

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
Hi, this weekend we have decided to take the long journey to Umina, 1 hour away. Has anyone stayed there, and have an opinion on the park good or bad. When I get a long weekend we normally head to Seal Rocks but the place is becoming more popular and is getting harder to get a site, so we have decided to head south for a change.

Greg
We've been here a couple of times, some of the ensuite sites are a bit tight and it gets real busy-but good for the kids, plenty of activities etc.

Other options near you...
Dunleith at The Entrance -if you book far enough ahead you can get a waterfront site, pretty tight but they valet park your van with a tractor. Can get a bit cramped on some sites.
Toowoon mentioned above-great spot
Koala shores on Lemon Tree Passage-get a waterfront site there, some of the grass sites are very boggy if wet
Stockton-pretty basic but great spot, you get to use the public pool which is immaculate
A bit further away-Lane Cove or Sydney Lakeside at Narrabeen

We're at the northern end of Sydney and look for the 6pm beer sites for a weekend as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: stuartcarr2002

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
So I've booked a weekend here. Funny thing is that they say they cannot guarantee a specific site. I can put in for a preferred site but may not be available on my arrival :crazy:
When I asked why, they said because someone else may have booked the site 9 months ago. Okay shouldn't you have a record of that? Well yes but there may be some unforeseen circumstances.

Very strange...
Umina is famous for this. There are stories of people booking for holidays with friends during peak and arrive to be told they are at opposite ends of the park.

Reactions: Cootay

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
At the end of the day it's just a big car park so I guess it doesn't matter where they put me.
This is my first time at a real caravan park, might be the last...

rags

we stayed there in November , my suggestion would be to get a premium site as they are bigger , nicely grassed and crushed granite for annex pads instead of concrete which I liked and also fox tv point. We payed a bit more for this site but was happier after seeing the site we were 1st offered [crowded and nosy]. They don't miss you though with the fee for a Saturday night being $78

Reactions: BigSkiddy

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA

Very strange...
We got a similar response when we booked for our stay, which was just before Christmas. Were told they "might " be able to fit us in down the back, but it would be a squeeze. When we got there, it was empty all around us, and stayed like that for the 3 nights we were there! Very strange. (But loved it. We were there for the NRMA family day)

Reactions: BigSkiddy