Bed Light/Fan Combo

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
Has anyone who has recieved their new expanda this year have these new light/fan combos?
I was at the caravan show on thursday and noticed that all the expandas had them and was told by the sales rep there that these
are a new addition to the 2012 models.
GetAttachment[1].jpg

Reactions: Ozwitch

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
They are in the new Jayco accessories brochure from Brisbane Camperland for $47.95 each. There online shop will be up and running in July.
They did not come standard in ours which we took delivery of in March

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
The only reason I was asking the question was that when we ordered we asked about what upgrades were inline for the 2012 Expandas this was about the only thing that was not mentioned.
Randl007 I would be asking why they weren't included as the rep said to us that they are on the 2012 models.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I saw them at the Jayco accessories shop at the factory last month and thought they'd be a good idea. There was no price marked though

rick_stein

Jun 12, 2012
We are due to pick up our 17.56.1 OB at the weekend, we were told that they were not available. Irrelevant really as I have had these light/fans in our Swan for the last 5 years.I had to have them shipped across from USA though as I could not source them here. They cost around $100 inc postage for a pair , but this was 5 years ago! I have seen them here a few years ago but was told that you had to buy the camper van to receive them!!

Feb 1, 2012
As I said earlier we picked up our Expanda two weeks ago and they were included. They also had them on the shelf at Jayco Newcastle for $48 each.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
I think they are a great idea, Although the clip on lights we got with our van are still unopened in the top cupboard

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
I must be the odd one out??
I saw these lights in the new expanda's at the Brisbane show and I personally dont like them ,they seem to be noisy and most of the light is goes horizontal to the bed. I hope I dont get them in my new outback due in September. If I get them I will be trying to get the old style ones from the dealer (Like I have in my camper now)

Feb 1, 2012
They are definitely noisy on the high speed, we never used our lights in the swan so not sure if these will get a run or not.

Ozwitch

May 15, 2012
Melbourne
I actually don't mind noisy fans as they cut out the noise from surrounding conversations, televisions etc. I see what you mean about the light direction though, maybe you could hang a small battery light off it if you need one to supplement the overhead. Does this combo mean the overhead light at the inner end of the bed area is no longer there?

Dec 23, 2011
Adelaide
does anyone know how long the cord / cable is on these ? are the cords simple straight cords or are they the coiled cords that need to be stretched out ?