Bed length

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi all,

After some opinions from the vertically enhanced!

We are currently looking at the 14.4.4 but I will be honest I am a bit concerned re the length of the bed. I am 6'3" (193cms) so I am concerned as to how comfortable I will be with the length of the bed. Any opinions from people in the same boat would be appreciated.

In saying that the actual roof height of the expanda is one of the many reasons we seem to be drawn to them.

BJ

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Hi BJ, my hubby is 188cm and is fine in the 17.56-2 (assuming bed is same length in the 14.4-4). We spent 15 nights in it over the holidays. Maybe you could look at hiring one for a few days so you can get a feel. How do you sleep normally? Do you find your standard bed mattress too short? Do you find the length of a normal single bed too short?

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Thanks Andrea.

I am assuming that the beds are all the same length as the vans are all the same widths?
Our queen bed I fine in the length in that I am not over the end of the bed fully stretched out. I haven't slept in a single bed since about 20yrs ago so no idea on that front. I tend to sleep on my stomach but may just have to force myself to be on my side a little curled up.

BJ

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
BJ, I think Matt tends to sleep on his side curled up a bit too but he does that at home in our king bed too. Make sure you get yourself a good mattress topper. We have found the foam topper (kind of like the egg carton but with differend lines and squiggles) to be a very worthy purchase.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Bj, there is a caravan sale on at the Ekka grounds this Thursday to Sunday. Maybe you could get there and try it for size. It is supposedly a clearance sale so there may be a few bargains. I'll be up there looking around on Friday.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
BJ,
I am 6' exactly and allowing for some space for a pillow, my feet just touch the end when I lay out flat. I can push myself back up slightly and I am no longer touching, but that is it. There are small sections however on one side of the mattress where the van walls meet with the entrance to the bed end. On that side there is definitely more space but it is not wide enough to fit both your feet in comfortably. You really need to locate a van somewhere and lie on it and see how you go.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi BJ,
I'm the same height as you, I find the inner spring mattress a bit shorter than the foam one we had in our 16'. I sleep on the inside of the queen bed (closest to the lounge) and find my pillow falls off behind the mattress, I'm thinking of getting a piece of foam cut to go in this spot to stop that. As far as length goes if I lay flat my head and feet touch but I sleep on my side with legs slightly bent as I do at home in our king bed.
We also have the foam egg shell topper and find it comfortable enough.

Cheers.