Bed Guards for the wee ones

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hey guys. I have just bought home our 17.56-2OB. Very exciting Christmas present!!!!

As we have young kids (twins 2.5 yo), I am needing a bit of help. On some of the pics on here and other sites I have seen a black mesh net style of thing that goes across the bed ends to stop kids rolling out. Does anyone know where to get them??? I asked the dealer today and he says that he only knows of ones for the Camper Trailers (Swan Hawk etc.)

Any help would be awesome.

Have a great Christmas and New Years!!!!

Pete

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Pete, we have had our expanda for 12 mths now. Our youngest was not quite 18 mths when we got it. He slept on the back double be. We just used a pillow on the bed to block the entrance and another on the floor just in case. Now (at2.5) we don't use anything. Lately he's wanted to sleep on the bottom bunk and as he doesn't need his bed rail at home anymore we have put that along there. His home bed is on of those higher cabin style beds so we had a long bed rail which in the expanda covers all but the area the ladder is. It has two arms that just slide under the mattress. Is very secure... though it means that our littlest man can stand on the bed rail reach up to the top bunk rail and pull himself up... (We only have the ladder down at night when our 8 year old goes to bed. Anyway what I'm saying is a bed rail should be fine. You should also be able to use one on the back bed if you put it in prior to unfolding mattress. Just watch for climbers!!!! We got our long rail at target. I think it's adjustable to 1.3 or 1.4 metres

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Our youngest was 2.75yrs when we got the van. We just sleep her and our 5 yr old on the double bed with feet towards the kitchen and heads to the back of the van.

In our old swan style camper we used a bed rail just as [MENTION=1933]andrea[/MENTION] suggested.

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
Hi there Hubble
I just made mine out of shade cloth and an aluminium light gauge pole
Wrap the cloth around the pole and double up down to bed base then screw the ends down using a flat piece of ally
Then just attach some webbing straps with clip in buckles around pole and screw to ceiling to hold screen up when in use
It basically exactly the same as the jayco one but very easy to make
Store under mattress when not in use
Hope this makes sence
pete