14' Series Bed end weight Limit

vasco pyjama

Oct 18, 2014
our bed end cable broke off at the lug when the missus was cleaning the van (2014 17.56 ob ) its the end the young bloke sleeps on so not much weight on it ordered new part in Jan from Caravanland in Perth and still havnt recieved the part so had to get the old welder out and tend to it myself . Not much support from Jayco when you live in Karratha.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
wait untill you get older mate - that once a night, may become several........ hehehehehehe

all seriousness though, to stop the "mad" dash to the toilet block in the middle of the night, and then being wide awake until you warm up etc

have a look at these....... I have them for winter times (or WA group meets) when the weather is too crappy to go outside
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NO-SMELL...15?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item417c4afa1b

very simple - use - tie up string - go back to bed - throw out in the morning............
OMG, thats disturbing @bigcol . You tricked me into clicking that link .... and now I can't "unsee" it. I get the "winter time", but what on gods earth happens at a WA group meet, that requires this device???

(note to self ..... avoid WA group meets at all costs)

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
our bed end cable broke off at the lug when the missus was cleaning the van (2014 17.56 ob ) its the end the young bloke sleeps on so not much weight on it ordered new part in Jan from Caravanland in Perth and still havnt recieved the part so had to get the old welder out and tend to it myself . Not much support from Jayco when you live in Karratha.

That is not good to here @vasco pyjama, this is an interesting thread I had never given this a thought. The wife and myself would be around the 180kg mark combined and I would hate for the cables to let go or we would end up like @Crusty181 has mentioned above or even worse as @dagree has mentioned:o.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
OMG, thats disturbing @bigcol . You tricked me into clicking that link .... and now I can't "unsee" it. I get the "winter time", but what on gods earth happens at a WA group meet, that requires this device???

(note to self ..... avoid WA group meets at all costs)

@Crusty181 WA group meets usually end up with worse than just wet weather.... No matter what time of year ;)
Well the last two have been like that!!!!!

worse than just wet weather.......????
interesting concept there @dagree

more like "near cyclonic rain and wind"..........................

yes @Crusty181 we DO have rain in WA sometimes, seems to be when we organize a Forum meetup...........

Reactions: dagree

Navman

Jun 28, 2013
Just throwing a thought in, We have an expanda and I've found it to be a bit of a pain to set up and climb in and out of if I'm feeling stiff and sore, not sure if that is a consideration people have when thinking of purchasing? While I love our expanda, I do find myself breaking a sweat every time we set up and it gets taxing on my back stretching and getting the beds organised. Our next van will have an island bed. As for weight Im not sure, I know it takes us (and snuggles ;)) and our combined weight is 160kgs (ish) Goodluck with your search, :)
I find making the bed a little awkward more than anything but I am able to leave the beds all made up, sheets and blankets, and only have to put on doona and pillows when we set up. It seems to fold up fine this way. On the back bed, we took out the extra piece of mattress and converted this one to a singlebed. This is awesome as it now folds up with the doona still on. Only need to pop the pillow on when we are setting up.

David Cairns

Feb 6, 2015
Hobart Tazmazia
I was concerned about the weight capacity in the expanda as I push 140KG by myself and my Mrs loves a bit of cheese with her wine. I had a pretty good look at the construction when I first used it and to be honest it feels solid under us so I reckon it would hold anyone.

Reactions: bigcol and AzHaych