Battery Wiring for 2008 Van

Hi All,
Purchased a used 2008 van from a non-Jayco dealer last week. Seems to be in great condition, bunk beds, air con, annex etc etc.

When I asked the dealer (before purchasing) if the van was wired for 12V battery, I was informed "No".... OK I thought, need to add that to the list. Also asked if van was fitted with a hot water system, once again was informed "No".... OK I thought, another mod added to the list.

We live in Geelong and visit Mt Gambier over the weekend and stayed at Blue Lake Caravan Park (Very Nice) On setting up the van I noticed under the couch opposite the door was the fuse box and what looks like wiring for... wait for it, a battery. And whilst loading the van prior to leaving Geelong, discovered a hot water heater under the sink... Yay!

My question is, assuming I drop in a suitable battery and hook it up, will it charge from the car 9pin plug and/or when we are connected to 240v?

I understand there should be a switch somewhere to change from 12v or 240v...?

Re hot water service, I get bugger all pressure when its only warm and only a dribble when hot... is this normal?

Thanks in advance for assistance with what are probably silly questions :)

Cheers
Jon

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Hi Jon,
Welcome to the forum, the Setec charger will switch from 12v to 240v automatically when you plug it into mains. The battery system normally is fitted with an isolating switch that looks like a light switch . Not sure about the HWS though.

Andrew

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Welcome to the forum Jon.
With the hot hater system, I think there is a preasure valve in the hatch on the outside of the van that accesses the external components of the system. If there is, then open that up for a second. Does it still trickle the water from there? Or is it a better flow?

Reactions: Jonathan Roberts
Thanks Guys, had a mate who is a Sparkie check it out, 12v all good, just need to purchase 100ah sealed battery and it will charged whilst on 240v or connecyted to the Disco.

Re hot water, it's a mini system under the sink, no gas, just runs of 240v I assume.... might give it a clean?

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
G'Day Jonathan If the HWS has a tempering valve there may be a problem with that. Good way to check is if the Water comes through the Hot tap nice & strong when The HWS is not switched on (Cold Water) and looses pressure as the water gets hotter than there is a good chance it's the Tempering valve, if its slow all the time it may be a pressure reduction valve that is faulty. I had a problem with mine it was hooked up all wrong and cold water couldn't get to the tempering valve to mix with the hot to bring it down to a safe temperature.
Hope this helps
Cheers Grant

Reactions: Jonathan Roberts