Starcraft Battery Switch Query

Jrcagmc

Apr 8, 2021
Sydney
Hello,
I’m new to posting on this great website...so forgive me if this has been answered (although can’t find it)...
I recently bought my 2nd Jayco. Starcraft 20.62-3, 2012 model.
under the bed at the front (bed lifts up), there are two batteries...old ones which I’m sure I need to replace...but next to it, on the outside is a switch...see photo bottom right on outside of bed.
I don’t know what this is for. Any ideas?
It’s not a PowerPoint, there is one over on the right of the bed, it is not the battery switch to activate the setec system to power all the lights etc from the battery...but just don’t know what that does!
Thanks in advance!
Regards
J

Attachments

• ABB8661D-48EB-478D-9061-85194F85DE95.jpeg
    ABB8661D-48EB-478D-9061-85194F85DE95.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 345

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Intruiging, all that I could suggest is track the cabling, it doesn't look like a mod................... possibilities are your breaksafe has a 12v supply for charging, can tell if a yellow light comes on when you flip the switch...........

Jrcagmc

Apr 8, 2021
Sydney
Thanks Drover, I did and it goes to the battery terminal? But if I switch it on or off it doesn’t see to make any difference...or maybe it switches one battery to the next?? As there are two batteries...but not sure how that would work??

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
So one wire from the switch goes to the positive of one battery? Is there a second wire from the switch and where does that one go?

I doubt it is to do with linking batteries as the switch would need to be one of those real beefy ones

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You really have to track both wires ......................... I put your pic up on the big screen and zoomed in,those batteries are not wired up properly, one big arsed cable to join 2 terminals and a dinky wire on the others, holding it all down with an okky strap is just wrong, it is an intruiging set up, pull it all apart and redo it I reckon and I have not been able to workout the switch, what I can see makes me go "Surely Not".

Have a read of this, it explains how two batteries should be wired and offers good explanations; https://caravanchronicles.com/guides/how-to-connect-two-batteries-in-parallel/