Battery Setup

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Sorry in advance if this is really obvious. I will be honest and say I haven't looked at all!

My question... we might (and this is a very big might), be able to get away this weekend and we would like to go somewhere less populated given the holidays. We purchased our van towards the end of November (17.56-2 OB) and as this was a dealer van (cancelled order I think), it didn't come with the battery (just the provision). We have purchased a 100amp battery from our Auto Electrician when we were getting the electric brakes but Matt thinks it is more than just plugging it in. So the question - will I need to get a mobile auto electrician out as Matt isn't able to take it in to a work shop, or is it something very straight forward that we can do ourselves? And if it is, can anyone offer some guidance.

If we run out of time this week to get it installed, will the lights run from the car through the andersen plug if we keep the van connected? We have a dual battery set up.

If it gets really hot, we can plug the generator into the van to run the air for a little bit can't we? The dealer suggested we could as long as the fridge and hws were on gas.

Thanks for your help!!!!!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hi Andrea,

The battery should be a simple plug and play setup. Everything is wired ready to go. The only thing you might need to look out for would be the trailer plug setup on the car.

Jayco use plug number 2 on their wiring harness to power the transformer, assuming your car is wired up correctly, everything should work fine.

I haven't used generators mmyself, but from what I understand the aircon should run fine.

Here is a previous discussion on trailer plugs.

Reactions: andrea

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Hi Mick,
Thanks. I will take a look tomorrow at the set up and ask more questions then. The dealer set up the andersen plug 7 pin plug at the dealer to suit what we have in the car so I'm going to assume this has been done correctly.

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Did it come with one or two provisions? Mick has got it in one, if you have another spare same thing applies. Glad you got it sorted.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Hi NissPat, It came with just the one provision. It should be plenty for us for the weekend trips.