Battery life

Grego

Jul 22, 2011
Hi just seeing if anyone has tested the load of there battery.I have the standard jayco factory fitted battery and just seeing if anyone knows how long it would last running a couple of ceiling lights and LCD tv.Running tv 1hr in the morning and 3 hrs at night.Thanks Grego

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Hi Grego,

Mate, good question. It might depend what kind of lights you have an the TV you have.

LED lights obviously will reduce your consumption and good Tv will as well

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I can't directly comment on the usage with the TV, but we got about 2.5 days out of our battery before its level dropped enough to shut everything down. We were away from 240v power for 11 days and with no other way of recharging the battery other than via the car when travelling, we would then get at most 4-5 hours out of it using lights sparingly before I had to re-connect it to the car and draw power from the 2nd battery in that. Once we hit civilisation and was able to connect to 240v and give it a good charge again it was fine. If I was going to be that far from power again I'd invest in a 2nd battery for the van, LED's throughout and a solar panel or 2 to help recharge them...............or maybe a gennie if I was going to be lazy!!!

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
I was always keen on Genny vs panels but since Panels have dropped so much in Price - for the same money as a decent genny, you could get enough panels to run a small village without to much trouble these days.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I've gone for overkill, I suspect. I've got 2 x 120w panels on roof and two 110a/h batteries. With plenty of LED lights, phones and ipad charging and a 12v TV, plus water pump, we are recharged with an hour or two of sunshine (or rather daylight). One panel and one battery would do the job. Used to have portable set up (60w panel/40a/h battery pack). Gave me lights for at least a week. Always stick to gas for fridge and HWS.