NSW Ballina Beach Village

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
Ballina Beach Village is situated on the Southern shore of the lovely town of Ballina NSW.

Which despite its many protestations cannot be included in the beautiful state of Queensland despite its Climate, Beaches and the fact that despite being in NSW the people only have;

1 Head
Don't play the Banjo
Have all their own teeth
Are not married to a first cousin

But I digress..............

The park is accessed via the ferry that for a van and vehicle will cost you $9.60 each way. If you have a non outback style van be aware that you will probably scrape at the front and back and my advise is to wait and take the middle track or let smaller vehicles past you before moving partially to the side.

The ferry staff have NO interest in assisting you. Interestingly I had the following experience.....I;

Heard Banjos
Couldn't see teeth
May have been introduced to a cousin......

But I digress.................

On arrival at the park be prepared for total confusion. Remember that any matter of pre booking, pre payment, worried phone calls, email correspondence.......will basically not matter as they use an Abacus to work out you costing.............You will probably;

Hear a banjo
Meet a cousin

but I digress..................

The sites are large but very poorly identified. Access if the park has a few people in it involves selecting a track that does not have the limb of a 300 year old tree across your path. These trees could support Tarzan and his family for years and will ensure that whilst starting out with a trailer....you end up with a flatbed if you don't be careful.

but I digress.................

On arrival at your site remove any thoughts of flat areas......I have seen flatter surfaces at a Plastic Surgeons Implant Convention on the gold coast. The hollows designed to trap as much water as is humanly possible to ensure stepping outside for a wee wee brake requires an Epirb and life jacket.

But I digress..................

Reactions: Holden_man

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
With 4 families we set up in the allotted area.....I think?

We were rewarded with free firewood and brazier for the brain cells expended dealing with these people.

Of course....being a holiday involving the Goodies the weather went from drought conditions to wind and rain that ensured that participants believed they had just added the Antartic to their holiday schedule.

but I digress..............

The park has excellent beach access and gutters for fishing like I have never seen before. I could see fish in the waves.......The beach Is solid as a rock and is not difficult in terms of beach driving. A lot of locals were out and about giving the gutters a touch up.

I could tell they were New South Welshmen by;

The webbed toes
Sixth finger on one hand......

But I digress............

The park is expensive. the van and 3 kids cost us $175 for the weekend. I know its June long weekend but the setup, service and amenities didn't really justify the expense. The highlight for all the kids and adults was the African drumming class on the Sunday. Fantastic, fun really great.

I would recommend the park just not for a long weekend or similar event. They are simply not up to the challenge at this time.