Awning and annex walls issue

Oct 13, 2012
Hi All,
We have picked up our new 17.56-1 Expanda and took it for a test run on the long weekend. Everything went according to plan and so easy compared to the old eagle camper. We put the awning out and I attached the AFK and curved roof rafters no dramas at all and we decided not to put up the annex walls as they just slide along the sail track, no problems at all right? Wrong...we decided to put the longer wall up just to have a look and see what is looked like and I am glad we did. The bottom of the wall including the white strip at the bottom was completely up off the ground, so they have made the walls too short for the van. My question is, can anyone please confirm I have set the awning up correctly to put the walls on? ie. that I havent somehow raised the awning too high for the walls? When you want to attach the walls, the arm from the van across to the now upright (after removing from the van) post should be at a right angle? Just want to make sure I am covering all bases so Jayco don't try and tell me they are the correct length. Thanks

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I can't believe Jayco made a stuff up! :) bummer.... but your right mate the connecting arm should be horizontal or as you say at 90deg. I'd take a pic and email to your dealer, you won't have any dramas getting new walls.

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
Open the awning up leaving the legs still attached to the van. When the leg is extended so that the pin on the lever aligns with the hole that says Wall Height you have it at the correct extension. Check the side length now.. If it's correct you should have the wall just touching the ground.

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Hi, Our awning arms have a texta mark to indicate which hole to set the length of the legs at. If we extended out legs right out we would have the exact same problem. HAve a look to see if the annexe company have marked inside the legs to indicate which hole to click into!!!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
One other thing to consider, do you have a standard van or Outback model?, did Jayco supply the annex or was it done custom after delivery, if Jayco supplied, they may have supplied one for a standard model which would be too short for Outback models

Oct 13, 2012
We ordered a standard model but underslung the axles and yes we ordered the annex at the same time through Jayco at a local custom canvas dealer. I double and triple checked with the dealer in regards to the length of the wall (due to comments previously posted on this forum) and they assured me that each van is individually measured so they will be custom for our van. However, I agree with your train of thought Bushman that they have just ordered a standard annex as the order was pushed through just before Christmas. I popped the roof yesterday and measured from the level ground up to the roof line where the awning starts (as this is the point that will not change in height regardless of the fall of the land) I then measured the wall and it came up about 150mm short. We are taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to get sorted so fingers crossed!